NFL Draft this weekend

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SeN-SaTioN, Apr 23, 2003.

1. SeN-SaTioN

SeN-SaTioN Founding Member

I agree regarding Hookfin. There is just so much you can do with a slow corner. You have to fit your defensive scheme with your players ability. NFL corners are expected to be fast, and I don't think a team is going to take a chance on a guy that will put limitations on the versatility of its defense.

As for Bradie, I think he will go somewhere in the 3rd round. I know San Diego is in desperate need of LB and DEs. They have to contend with the offensive raiders and chiefs, and they have to fill the shoes of Junior Seau.

I think Domanick may be the first Tiger drafted. The scouts love his special teams ability. A lot of coaches realize his productivity there, I just hope that they see the value of having a great return man.

Good luck to all the Tigers this weekend!!!

2. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

Hookfin was not invited to the combines, so he couldn't have ran a 4.7 there. I don't know what his actual40time is, but I seem to recall him sticking to stallworth like stink on shit during the sec champ game.

He can't be that slow.

3. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

He ran a 4.7 at LSU's Pro Day. Question is was he injured. Anquan Boldin ran a 4.8 at the combine, but everyone noticed he was limping severely afterwards..

I seriously doubt he really runs a 4.7, or he would have gotten his butt wooped even in college. I dont think you could even play Division 2 or 3 ball as a corner that runs a 4.7. It had to have been an injury.

4. Hub

Hub Founding Member

If i remember correctly, Kelly Washington did leave him in the dust quite often in that first game.

5. BigJ4LSU

BigJ4LSU Founding Member

I run a 4.41 and I am not a great cover, which is why I play OLB. Speed isn't always everything. If Denard Walker runs a 4.6 I'd be surprised.