Nick Saban's New Contract is worth 18 mil over 7 years...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerLifer3, Feb 12, 2004.

1. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

That is 2.6 millon per season. Looks like our coach be in Baton Rouge for many more year. It will be in your morning advocate but here is the link from their website.

Nick Saban's New Contract

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Wouldn't it be awesome is instead of signing the contract in some lawyer's office he would sign it at midfield on the Eye of the Tiger in front of a jam packed Tiger Stadium! Make a big show out of it with big name bands and entertainment, tailgating, crawfish boils galore, the works.

3. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Four important points:

1. The total package is really at $3 million/yr. Nick has earned a 150% raise, not bad for four years.

2. TAF is to pay about 50% of the contract.

3. Everything is through university funding without tax dollars ... so those LSU detractors and especially weiners/whiners from Tulame can bite the BIG ONE.

4. Season ticket prices this year will go up drastically and they should ... we gotta pay to play ... if you wanna play po-dunk here and be a cheap ass, you can have a program like Moo U, Vandy or Auburnt.

Ass, gas or grass ... Nobody rides for free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

I like the contract, plenty of money for plenty of years. In a small way I wish I could go back to school and truly enjoy this, Saban has changed everything. I can't imagine walking on campus as a student awaiting next season, it must be amazing.

Oh well, it wasn't too bad in the 90's . . . but it wasn't this.

5. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

It doesn't say anything about a buyout clause ... and I suspect it won't have one like his current contract.

If it doesn't, that 7 year number is meaningless....

6. Ralph_Wiggum

Ralph_Wiggum Founding Member

I think all LSU contracts are available to look at since LSU is a state institution.

7. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Skip said..

"we dont use Buyout clauses, if a coach does not want to be here we dont force them to be"

I did now know how to take that. If he was just saying that because people would ask and did not want to make Saban look like a Jackass for saying he did not want one.

OR does skip really believe that and a no buyout was his idea.

if someone wants Saban a buyout means nothing. Heck we paid a Buyout to get Dinardo :(.....
    All it does it promise us some money to find another coach...

8. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

I wouldn't have a problem with a no buyout clause as long as LSU didn't have one too!

I think it sucks when a coach can just walk away, but the school has to pay to fire a coach.

That seems unfair to the employer...

9. TigerInTally

TigerInTally Founding Member

I only have one problem with no buyout clause. It seemed that every time his name came up as a candidate for an NFL vacancy, the author of the story seemed to point to the lack of a buyout clause and say that he has nothing keeping him at LSU. Basically saying that why would he want to stay at LSU if he weren't obligated.

10. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

They can say what they want. He stayed and he was not obilgated. That is a good thing.

When he gets ready to leave a buyout will not stop him. Chances are one day he just might move on. Lets hope it is not for a long time.