No cheap Flights.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by joetiger, Sep 23, 2005.

1. joetiger

joetiger Founding Member

I was running some errands today and came up with the theory that because the game is on Monday night, I should be able to get a cheap flight into Shreveport, Baton Rouge, or even N.O. based on the fact that it's not a weekend, last-minute, etc.

My theory was just completely shot to hell. Can't find anything under $700. Guess I'll join the other LSU alumni at the bar down the street. Staying here isn't bad in itself, but was hoping to get away with one!

Joe T.

2. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Try flying into Mississippi.

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Start driving.

4. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

Did you check with Jet Blue???

I hear their rates may have went down a hair.

:yelwink2:

5. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

check memphis. NW hub. 6hr from BR

6. joetiger

joetiger Founding Member

We thought about that, but from Colorado you basically have to go through all of the Rita stuff, traffic, torrential rain in Shreveport, and whatever else is going on or is going to be going on down there.

My whole plan revolved around finding a disgustingly low airfare, but I can't find anything do-able.

Looks like it's the corner bar. The real bummer is I had 40 yd line TAF seats for ASU that my brother went through hell to get (small compared to the bigger picture, but it was going to be my first game in TS in five years, and my Colorado wife's first game ever...)

Hell, maybe fares will be low and there won't be a hurricane for App State...

7. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Driving is do able if you have someone to split time with you. Just take I-70 from Denver through Kansas, through Missouri and then in St Louis get on I-55 which will bring you down through Mississippi to Hammond, La, and then just jump on I-12.

With the storm stalling out in North Texas the weather will not make it up that far. So it should be pretty smooth sailing. Just takes alittle longer then cutting down through Texas.