no huddle

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tigernut4, Nov 24, 2002.

1. Tigernut4

Tigernut4 Founding Member

randall really runs the no huddle really well, wut do yall think about running it against arkansas a couple of series maybe make them use an early time out
    it just seems randall plays with more confidence calling his own plays and just seems a lot more comfortable
    if my memory is correct
    he had a two minute drill agains sc for a field goal
    twice against kentucky for td's ( more like a 9 second drill)
    and last nite for the TD to end the half

i admit they are against prevent defenses but i think it will completly catch the razorbacks off guard
    comments?

2. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

What ever he does best is what we should do. Fisher likes what he likes. He was a quarterback under Terry Bowden and learned to be a coach under him. Norv Turner is great offensive coordinator because he installs his base offense but then makes a lot of adjustments based on the strengths of the players he has. He does not try to fit a square peg into a round hole. He also likes a power running game.

3. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

It wouldn't surprise me if we ran the no huddle the entire game. Saban said after the game that he told Jimbo to go to the 2 minute offense on the last scoring drive even though there was plenty of time left. Both of LSU's touchdowns came last night in the hurry-up offense.

I think doing this on Friday could really give the hog defense a lot to worry about.

4. AtlantaTiger

AtlantaTiger Freshman

Fisher should be comfortable with the spread formation with his roots under TB- thats all Auburn did was throw with D. Craig and Randall is similar to Craig in his athletic capability. Fisher needs to adapt an offense that meets the skills of his current players. Randall can run the spread formation with four receivers and one tailback. If Jimbo would put DD as a slot working 1-1 with linebackers in open field it would give Randall a safety valve allowing LSU the luxury of flooding zones with our downfield receivers. He can use Toe, JA and SC in the sprint draw or run himself which he does well. In addition, this formation is perfect for the shuttle pass which LSU must run- defensive lines are bull rushing Randall; the shuttle pass is safe effective weapon but LSU never runs any type of draw??? Last, we need some type of misdirection running in this offense- if Jimbo has to use the predictable "I" formation put SC,DD,JM or someone in the slot and
    run a reverse out of the option; JA should start at FB in this formation allowing Randall a threat at fullback position running the option. Can we please run some safe 10 yard slant routes- how open was JM on the inside slant??? only ran it once