QB development

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JTV, Nov 24, 2002.

1. JTV

JTV Founding Member

This weekend's events are finally putting into perspective our QB situation. Just look at Jason Campbell at Auburn. He has gone from the outhouse to the penthouse and back several times already in his career, but he looks to finally be coming around. It has taken 2+ years of game experience for this to play itself out. (As a side note, Auburn looks like the team to beat in the SEC West for 2003) There's a similar situation at Kansas State, where their athletic QB had a roller coaster ride season last year, taking his team with him. However, Bill Snyder stuck with him and now he's red-hot, and might just be leading the best team in the nation right now. I was one of the many people who wanted Clausen to start this game, and after two series I was silently praying they would bench him. It's obvious now that we have to stick with Marcus come hell or high water for these last two, hopefully three games. He won't be great, but we can win with him out there. Now if our veteran running backs would stop fumbling the *ing ball, who knows how effective our offense could be...

2. BigJ4LSU

BigJ4LSU Founding Member

Good points.I think Ro spoiled us all.

3. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Yeah we forget how Ro, Josh, and Craig struggled early in their careers. Randall did show a lot of improvement and to be honest he faced some very good defenses in Auburn and Alabama.