Ragin' Cajuns to challenge LongHorns on television

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Big Earl, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Big Earl

Big Earl Founding Member

The last time fans saw the Texas Longhorns play football on television, they were following dual threat quarterback Vince Young to a stirring 38-37 victory over Michigan in the Rose Bowl to complete an 11-1 campaign.

The next time they're on the air, coach Mack Brown's squad will be hosting Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns at 6 p.m. on Sept. 3 in the 2005 season opener for both programs.

The game will be televised on Fox Sports Net, the latest detail to be ironed out in the UL schedule as coach Rickey Bustle enters his fourth year at the Cajun helm.

"I don't know where Texas will be ranked to start the season, the top two or three, but they'll be up there," Bustle said. "So, there's no question that having that game on TV gives you the opportunity to be in a lot of homes.

"It affects our recruiting, and I think it's great for the (Sun Belt) conference and great for the university. Where we are with our team, we'll find out very quickly."

UL follows the Texas game with a road date at Eastern Michigan, but then has three games at home in Cajun Field.

2. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

This game should not be aired until after the kids are in bed. :nope:

3. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Will that EM game be on ESPN?

4. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Yeah, they were touting this game here in Houston as being a "nationally televised game".

Correct me if I'm wrong, but since when is a Fox Sports Net game national? Aren't they all regional? I mean, will people watching Fox Sports New England or whatever see this game?

5. Ralph_Wiggum

Ralph_Wiggum Founding Member

It depends. Is there's no local or regional game on then it will be televised. Here if the Twins are scheduled to be on, we won't see USL and Texas, but if the Twins are not on then we'll see USL and Texas.

6. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

Better the twins....After all, Mary-Kate and Ashley would be more interesting than this game. You were talking about the Olsons, weren't you ? :lol:

7. Ralph_Wiggum

Ralph_Wiggum Founding Member

Yeah, the Olsons, they're legal now.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

In other news, there will be a show called "Battle of the hammer and the nail" on the DIY network.

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I think I'd rather be in Tiger Stadium watching us whip up on North Texas.

10. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

I know ULL needs the money, but geez.. this isnt the kind of national exposure you want.. should be 50-0 by halftime.. actually, i take that back.. ULL can score.. so.. 50-7...