recruiting?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by shane0911, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Maderan

Maderan Founding Member

Almost like rats leaving a sinking ship this year. Scratch their DC to Syracuse. Their RB coach and recruting co. to ND. And they also lost another defensive coach, can't remember his name who came in with Robinson.

2. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

Please explain about the stench. Are you talking about the Longhorns? At a post later, are they talking about the Longhorns DC going to Syracuse???
    ________
    Vaporizer Box

3. Maderan

Maderan Founding Member

Assistant head coach and defensive ends coach Dick Tomey had already left to take over the program at San Jose State.

Ok, here is the third coach to leave Texas this year. Coulldn't remember his name. They all left for better things (maybe not to ND) but still they are gone.

4. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

Texas will be hard-pressed to replace Robinson (co-defensive coordinator) and Tomey, a defensive position coach. Tomey has offered Major Applewhite a job as QB coach at San Jose State. According to the paper, Major hasn't accepted. Sportswriter in Austin paper this morning urges Mack to hire Applewhite. Major's been a grad asst. for 2 years. He'd be a great hire for somebody, regardless of his age. All said, the Horns have some reorganizing to do.

5. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

With high profile recruits like Ryan Perrilloux I tend to look at the actions of the recruit instead of words told to alleged "recruiting gurus." RP attended numerous LSU practices and the majority of the home games. RP, his family and ESJ coach Larry Dautrieve all met with Les Miles for a good while after Miles' was hired. And it was reported in the Advocate that RP's mother loved Les Miles even hugging his neck. All of these actions contradict the things RP has said to the recruiting gurus. To me this is the "tell" that makes me believe he'll be Les Miles' big signee come February.

6. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

It was posted on tigerbait that RP is helping to recruit for Texas and is only 0.1% chance of going to LSU. Apparently they recruited a high profile TE whom he likes and will be playing with him at the Army AA game. My take on this is that RP is prob. going to Texas. If he's serious about LSU, he should just come out and say it ... decommit to Texas and commit to LSU at this late stage. Keep it clean and be classy about the whole thing. He should know better that this will help LSU's recruiting if he announces it now (if he cares about LSU) and not just sign the letter at the last second. This is not a game when it comes time to recruiting. Maybe all along he had decided to go to Texas and the "insider information" that were posted on a lot of internet boards were all speculations (that obviously have been driving a lot of fans nuts). Enough is enough. Let's move on. The whole thing is getting stale.

(Of course I would love to see him commit to LSU )
    ________
    Medical Marijuana Card

7. BB

BB Founding Member

Every couple of years a kid comes around with so much talent that he can play the recruiting game exactly the way he wants to - good or bad, right or wrong, this is the case with Perrilloux. If his double talk is driving you nuts I suggest you simply deal with it because RP is that damn good.

Many people have stated in previous discussions that they are fed up with him "playing the process" and they are tired of his "bad attitude" and his "inflated ego." Bottom line, anyone who says they don't care if he doesn't come to LSU HAS NEVER SEEN HIM PLAY. Perrilloux is the real deal and a program enhancing QB. IMO, he is the best player in the nation at any position.

Perrilloux is talented enough to play the recruiting game. This 18 year old kid has 2 enormous fan bases in absolute limbo and I imagine the pressure is rather intense. One school will lose out and the other will be hitting it big when RP makes his final decision on Feb 2nd. I can only remember about 10 kids with this level of talent over the last 15 years. So, strap in, relax, and cross your fingers...