ROHAN DAVEY TRIBUTE

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by USNavyTiger, May 17, 2006.

1. USNavyTiger

USNavyTiger Founding Member

2. I remember watching this guy get drug down by three or four guys then a arm stick out with the football and flick it 50 yards right on target. He in my book is top of the list as best all time LSU QB's. :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule:

3. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Those may be the most insulting compliments I've ever heard

4. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

5. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

i think i put mauck ahead of rohan on the all time QBs list. mauck to us to glory!soon to join my list, JR and RP(flynn already joined for his peach bowl effort)i ges JR is already in too for a great season this year

6. USNavyTiger

USNavyTiger Founding Member

why do you say that?

7. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

These quotes in any other context would be fighting words

8. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

"his near-purple skin tone..."

Are you serious? If it weren't meant to be funny, it could be taken as racist.

Another thing, Marcus Spears, Chad Lavalais, Kyle Willaims, Corey Webster, Travis Daniels, Jack Hunt, Marquis Hill, Eric Alexander, Lionel Turner, Cameron Vaughn, Randall Gay, and Adrian Mayes led us to glory. Mauck was in the passenger seat.

We had an efficient, consistent offense with Mauck, but had an awesome defense. We had an awesome offense with Davey, but had a somewhat efficient-good defense (Ugh... Hookfin!). We would have been the USC of the SEC is Davey was around then and now... I miss him.

9. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

The ONLY :lsup: QB to EVER throw a 500 yard game....:thumb: :geauxtige

10. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

ya ur right but mauck will be one of the main faces i remember when i think of the NC. i think of lavalais, clayton, vincent, hunt, lionel turner, marcus spears and mauck. davey, however key he was in our offense and success, doesnt have that NC pictured in my mind with him. from a QB standpoint, he was superior to mauck easily but thats not how i judged that. i picture JR with the alabama win and the ASU win. i picture flynn with the peach bowl. im going to picture RP with two shiny sears balls right next to him along with a variety of trophies like heismans and SECCGs. haha and on that note im going to sleep with visions of sears and heismans dancing in my head