Rural organizers in Oregon are pushing to have more than 18 counties join Idaho.

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by fanatic, May 26, 2021.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

shane0911 likes this.
  2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I posted about this the other day. Fuck those crazy bastards up there. Idiot democrats

3. TBTrumpet

TBTrumpet Founding Member

For decades, there's been pushes for the eastern counties of Washington and Oregon to break away and form the State of Liberty, and for northern California and some of southern Oregon to break away and form the State of Jefferson. While I support these movements and think many more states should be broken up into smaller ones (California, Texas, Florida, and NY), I don't think anything will come from this anytime soon.

Liberty and Jefferson will definitely not be allowed to happen because both states will be red ones with 2 new GQP senators each, which the Dems will never allow. Meanwhile, this is also the reason why you are seeing such a big push to get D.C. and PR to become states. Both will be blue states each with 2 new Dem senators each.

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

21% of Oregon's population, 70% of its land. "We're leaving and we're taking our land with us?"

GiantDuckFan and shane0911 like this.
  5. fanatic

One of, if not the biggest road block.

6. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

[​IMG]
    most of the counties shown in red are virtually unpopulated,.. east of me is Lake county, Lakeview the county seat, has a population of 2,300,.. the entire county less than 8,000,.. further east, harney and malheur have far far fewer people,..

all my life, there has been this kind of talk in one form or another

all the way back into the 1930's, the pinkish counties and klamath, where i live,.. there has been a movement called, "the state of jefferson",.. where we join with counties in northern california and sometimes nevada to form a new state,..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    a few months ago i saw a guy in a cowboy hat and nice western suit, standing in the courtyard of our courthouse and government center, giving a speech and handing out "state of jefferson" literature,.. i'd bet anyone $500 nothing comes to it

movements in california to split things up into as many as four states,.. i'd bet $500 also

movement for oregon, washington, and british columbia to join into a new country,.. i'd bet the house against that happening

these movements, they have no power,.. if it ever appeared like any of them had a snowball's chance in hell,.. the powers that rule would stomp them into dust

Cascadia
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    flag of Cascadia

7. GiantDuckFan

and most of the land east of the cascades is public land,.. see how the green and orange look kind of checkered,.. that indicates a grid system, green is national forests, and oregon state owned, alternating hexes, half fed/half state,.. orange is the same deal with BLM and Oregon state owned lands,.. how are these movements going to get away with taking land owned by the State of Oregon ?

[​IMG]

8. fanatic

Therein lies the biggest obstacle, IMO. Oregon isn't just going to give this land up. The only thing I can think of is some sort of leasing agreement that pays significantly more then the tax revenue they're receiving. They keep ownership of the land, but are getting more money in return. Even that is far fetched though.

Anyway, I just thought it was interesting because, at first, it was 2 counties and now its up to 18.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  9. GiantDuckFan

i think it's interesting too,.. some people take it very serious, sometimes a movement gains a little steam, at times it fades, the boundaries of the proposed states change all the time, it's always the rural counties that are pissed

then on the other side of it,,.. the state of idaho never said they wanted those oregon counties,.. why would they, it's not like they bring a lot to the table, and if idaho has to pay oregon for them, like you said, it seems far fetched

[​IMG]

state of jefferson, crappy flag

this is sweet

[​IMG]
    cascadia

fanatic likes this.
  10. fanatic

Right, if Idaho has to pay more money to Oregon then the tax revenue they'd bring in, it doesn't make any sense for them to do it.