Saban on Halftime - The man is great

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, Nov 14, 2002.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I know it was nothing special, but seeing Saban at Halftime on Espn and the interview shows how lucky we are to have him as our coach.

Fran is great, Holtz is great, many great coaches. But I would not take any of them over Saban.

2. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

" Ditto "

3. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

That was a good interview. Much more like his real character than what was being passed around on the message boards.

4. Hub

Hub Founding Member

?

Still slaving at the office.....budget time. What was the interview about? Are you talking about tonite of the UL v USM game?

5. glenlivet12

glenlivet12 Founding Member

He was just being interviewed at halftime of USM-UL about Saturday's game, SEC Championship, last week's win, etc. He was very well-spoken, genuine, classy and interesting. He is definitely a good guy to have leading your program. I hate to say it, but I LIKE YOUR COACH! I still like ours better :D, but I think Saban and Fran are very similar in many ways, the first of which is the class they display at all times, the second of which is their excellent coaching skills. We definitely have the two best coaches in the SEC facing off this weekend!

6. glenlivet12

glenlivet12 Founding Member

One of the things I liked best about his interview was when he spoke about his changed coaching style over the last 10 years. He commented that in the old days, he used a lot of yelling and screaming and negativity with his players and it worked, but now, players respond much more favorably to positive reinforcement so he has learned to encourage them instead of berate them. He did also say that he still does chew a kid out sometimes, but it is not for a lack of physical ability but rather a missed assignment, lack of teamwork, lack of effort, etc.