Saints vs 49ers thread

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by mctiger, Nov 15, 2020.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

They're physical, no doubt. The hit on Brees was clean; refs gave us a gift on the personal foul. Gardner-Johnson's injury was a freak, and he's saying he's OK. Smith's hit should have drawn a flag, and I'll bet Jimmy Ward gets fined this week. I didn't see the plays that injured Lattimore, Brown and J. Hill. Armstead and Peat's injuries were just their typical brittle selves; they both got back in the game. Morning reports on Brees are "rib contusions" but they have an MRI scheduled to check for cartilage damage. Indications are they are preparing for him to be out multiple weeks.

So.....Winston or Hill? I think its time to give Taysom his shot.

ehusson80 and fanatic like this.
  2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Hill seems gun shy every time he drops back. Winston was bad, but I think if Drew's unable to go, he'll have a better game next week, when the game plan is more tailored to his strengths.

That said, Raheem Morris is is former head coach, so he probably knows the kind of defenses that confuse and/or give him problems.

3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

yup and normal kids too

4. mctiger

I don't think we have enough info on Hill running the entire offensive package to make a call. And I'll grant that Winston got thrown in there yesterday with probably very few practice snaps. Maybe he looks better if he works with the ones all week (thinking how bad Teddy looked off the bench last year, but improved when he got to prepare as the starter). But I'm also seeing quite a few comments out there from Tampa people who say Winston is not the guy we want back there.

5. kcal

kcal Founding Member

crab legs tried desperately to throw an int or 2 yesterday but SF didn't cooperate....

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If they want to grow up to be real men they play football. You have heard of soccer moms. Have you ever heard of a football mom?

7. kcal

kcal Founding Member

ruh roh...

Adam Schefter
    @AdamSchefter
    · 5m
    Saints’ QB Drew Brees has multiple rib fractures on both sides of his chest and a collapsed lung on the right side, per @WerderEdESPN.

8. mctiger

Unfair....probably career ending, and he is definitely a guy who deserves to go out on his own terms.

fanatic likes this.
  9. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Well...shit. Say what you want about Brees, but next man up doesn't even relate and the Saints are officially faced with the inevitable. This sucks

10. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Dude had a collasped lung and didn't even take his helmet off on the sideline yesterday.

kcal likes this.