Supreme Court to hear major Second Amendment case

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by GiantDuckFan, Apr 26, 2021.

1. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

[​IMG]

Supreme Court agrees to hear major Second Amendment case
    https://www.oregonlive.com/nation/2...rees-to-hear-major-second-amendment-case.html

Washington — The Supreme Court agreed on Monday to hear an appeal to expand gun rights in the United States in a New York case over the right to carry a firearm in public for self-defense.

The case marks the court’s first foray into gun rights since Justice Amy Coney Barrett came on board in October, making a 6-3 conservative majority.

LSUTiga and Jmg like this.
  2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

oh yeah i just posted about this on the thread with the tits and ass.

cant wait to see the blue states angry they have to give people the rights they have by birthright as american citizens

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  3. GiantDuckFan

I support most right to carry laws, I think if you support the 2nd amendment that's a neccesary part of it,.. peoples minds have been set on this issue for a long time, he didn't change any minds, but a little thanks to trump, I applaud his scotus appointees

Frogleg and KyleK like this.
  4. GiantDuckFan

Oregon House approves gun bill after lengthy debate
    https://www.oregonlive.com/politics/2021/04/oregon-house-approves-gun-bill-after-lengthy-debate.html

A bill that combines this session’s two leading gun control proposals—to require guns be safely locked away and allow schools and other sensitive public buildings to ban guns—passed the House Thursday after a two-and-a-half hour debate.

Supporters and opponents of Senate Bill 554 made lengthy, sometimes emotional arguments. In the end, the measure was approved 34-24, with three Democrats joining all Republicans in voting no. Because the House amended the bill after it passed the Senate, it now returns to that chamber for another vote.

5. kcal

kcal Founding Member

6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

That’s BS. That means just about every hunting rifle is now an “assault weapon”. So this is why I have such a problem with executive orders and rules made by bureaucrats. There are no checks and balances only through long expensive legal battles can they be changed. Either that or every change in administration can see wild swings.

7. kcal

kcal Founding Member

elections have consequences.....

Winston1 likes this.
  8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I can’t find any of mine. I lost them along with all my Bitcoin in a boating accident.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

To paraphrase what @gynojunkie once reminded me of, "The moment that you feel you need to bury (or 'lose') your guns is probably the time that you should be digging them up!"

LSUpride123 and GiantDuckFan like this.