Tailgating Permits?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by jef443, Nov 13, 2006.

1. jef443

jef443 Founding Member

WJBO ran a brief story this morning stating that possibly starting next year you will need a permit to tailgate. Does anybody have any other information on this?

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Sounds like another way for Bertman to rip off the fans.

3. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

As usual, people jump to conclusions. LSU is reviewing their tailgating policies. If you guys would read your cyber chat with Skip, you'd know this!:thumb:

Cyber with Skip

4. khounba

khounba Founding Member

We had a police officer tell us we had to turn off our generator at the Fresno game. First time in 9 years. I had no idea generators weren't allowed on campus. It's definitely a rule they need to change.

5. jef443

jef443 Founding Member

I wasn't saying it was going to happen, just seeing if anyone else had any details. I know changes are coming (some good, some bad I'm sure). If it was true I was just trying to figure out the logistics of how that could even happen. My guess is Skip hates seeing 120,000 people on campus on Saturday and a half full stadium.

6. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Your wish is Skip's command:

Here’s an example. We currently have a policy that prohibits the use of generators on campus, yet we also don’t allow tailgaters to tap into electrical outlets in campus facilities. The generator policy was first implemented because of concerns about safety and noise. Now a whole new line of generators are available, and being used, that are safe and that produce very little noise. That’s a policy we need to change.