Tennessee football coach Phil Fulmer

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by olVENICEdog, May 7, 2006.

1. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

This dude has lost control and he needs to go. His players no longer pay attention to or respect him. Off the top of my head I can think of 8 incidents w/the law or something where one of his guys had to be disciplined or a police report since 05, it's always something w/this Ahole. The way he acted like a b!tch last year when it was time to play LSU "We are scared they might not have enough hotel rooms and for or players safety" That kind of talk shows fear in the Tennessee football players eyes of their coach. Phil is like a giant refrigerator going out of control down a flight of steps. No ones going to stop it. I can't see Tennessee putting up w/this kind of crap for too much longer. In my honest professional opinion I would say that this is his last year as head coach.

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Professional what?:)

3. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

Lifeguard, I save people.

4. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

Who cares? It's not LSU nor is he our Coach.

5. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Winning certainly cures all sorts of ills. I'd agree with you IF they have the same difficulty as they did last year. If Spurrier continues to dominate Fulmer...all bets are off!

A few years ago several of the "big money boosters" (as in old guard) were fed up with his actions and involvement in the Alabama case. The arrest records of a year ago didn't help the situation, at all.

Those I've spoken with tend to believe Cut was brought back in to eventually replace Fulmer.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

A National Championship buys one some time that new coaches don't get. Fulmer won't be sacked for a single wretched season or for off-the-field conduct of his players, in my opinion. But the time will come for any coach when he is past his prime and will be encouraged to move on. That time may be approaching for Phatimus.

7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Article from the UT, scout.com site...

The disciplinary issues in the University of Tennessee athletics department aren’t confined to the football program.

Less than a week after senior linebacker Marvin Mitchell was suspended from the Vol football team and redshirt freshman defensive lineman Raymond Henderson was dismissed for separate incidents, senior basketball player Major Wingate has been suspended from the basketball team.
    Head coach Bruce Pearl did not specify the nature of Wingate’s transgression except to say it was a violation of team rules and university policy. The coach said the 6-foot-10, 250-pound post player will be disciplined internally over the next few months. Part of his penance will involve community service work with the Boys & Girls Clubs. Wingate’s suspension is not expected to affect his availability for any games during the 2006-07 season.

"Major has done so many wonderful things this year, on and off the court, it pains me to have to do this,'' Pearl told The Knoxville News-Sentinel. "But at the same time, there's a culture that has been allowed to exist that can't be tolerated.''

Wingate averaged 10.6 points and 4.0 rebounds per game during the 2005-06 season, helping the Vols win 22 games and the SEC East title. He and JaJuan Smith shared the Most Improved Player award presented at last Friday night’s UT Awards Banquet

http://tennessee.scout.com/2/528918.html