The ante has been raised for miami and its saban quest

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by friday, Dec 17, 2004.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

no, damn women are already the majority. :yelwink2: :yelwink2:

2. tirk

you're not very smart. Watch when Art Shell interviews. Be sure to come back and understand the concept of math.

3. Berge

Berge Founding Member

How about a gay, black, midget woman?

Could I be more politically correct in any way? Ooooo, how about a clown woman... They seem to be discriminated a lot these days... Everyone hates the clowns.. Poor guys, they gotta put on all that makeup....

I got it....

A gay, black, midget woman from... Alabama....

4. tirk

trust me when I tell you Art Shell would like nothing more than another HC position (in the nfl) of the Miami Dolphins. Anyone crazy enough to believe otherwise because of a NFL VP position makes me laugh. Trust me, I know things others fail to see.

5. philter

philter Founding Member

Miami has to convince any minority candidate heretoforth that they actually have a chance of getting the job. If they don't, none (none NONE) will even agree to interview. We've seen this before...Detroit name Mariucci the savoir, then remembered the NFL was serious about the fine - but even after contacting 5 minority coaches they could not even convince them to interview. Hence they were fined, even though they 'tried'.

Miami has even gone one better - the media is ablaze with the rumor he's their #1 guy...even the AD of LSU has come out and said Miami wants Saban, and Saban wants Miami (great move Skip ;) ).

They saw the writing on the wall a few days ago, that's why they scrambled to get the report out that he in fact had 'not been offered the job' ..and that Miami was 'pausing' or 'slowing down' the search. They realized that if the potential candidates felt they had no shot, they would band together just like they did against Detroit and doom them to media negativitiy and a big fine.

They will not interview any college minorities - why would a college minority even agree to come in? If Miami feels like Nick (a college coach) is so vastly superior than any in the pros...why would they even consider another college coach, much less an assitant (which most minorities are).

Nope...unless they find a really pathetic minority, no college asst. will shame himself. This means Miami is forced to wait until Jan. 3 at the earliest...and even then they'll have to convince the same ones who turned Detroit down that they 'have a shot' against Saban.

The real question is, will Saban let this drag out until Jan 3, or will he put the rumors out of their misery. I think he'll do the 'human' thing:

Either
    1 - Step down as LSU HC and wait for Miami to complete their 'search'
    or..
    2 - Remove himself from the running if Miami pushes this past the middle of next week (which will mean it is obvious they are having trouble getting interviews).
    or..
    3 - Miami will accept the fine and negative publicity and hire him within the next 4-5 days (remember Miami is already over the salary cap, so if that 2million counts towards the cap they will be in a world of hurt - I'm not sure it does).

6. tirk

its stupid but i will guarantee you since I am so smart, Art Shell will interview for this job because he wants it. Nothing more, nothing less.

you see, whether you're a token or not, if someone says come here, I have a billion dollars and may just end up giving it to you....you'll go.

Art Shell will interview, pride or not. He has common sense as do I. Does anyone outside of ISL understand math?

Skip really is smart. I agree with what he has done so far. I applaud him for this seemingly insignificant move that has added serious pressure to the dolphin organization. Though, I never doubted he was much smarter than me even if it takes me forever to pick up his greatness.

I always loved him anyhow. Even back in the 1986 days when I sat with the other 4 people in the stands.

7. tirk

8. philter

philter Founding Member

Shell has to realize he has 0% chance to get the Dolphins job, even if Nick Saban had never been born. If he is willing to prance himself out in front of the cameras and be called a token on every news show and in newspaper in the country, then more power to him.

9. tirk

wanna bet on it? make it easy on yourself. and your wallet.

im guessing you won't. be careful, I am probably much smarter than you.

10. philter

philter Founding Member

I don't care enough to bet on it, but I think Miami will have trouble finding a credible candidate to interview in the next few days.