The booty's

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DallasLSU, Apr 21, 2003.

1. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

The biggest bonehead move of Booty's career was going to play baseball. Josh did what Chad Hutchinson did last year in the NFL. Booty played a few years in the Marlin organization and one has to realize that a lot of football is lost during that time. Same story with Chad Hutchinson...didn't make it in Baseball, decided to sign with the Cowboys. I bet if Booty hadn't have left and played baseball, we could have had an all american QB in booty with impressive numbers.As for Abram, I think he is the typical Evangel player who receives a lot of pub for where he goes or who he is. He had talent, but I think he really just was over-hyped.

2. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Can anyone confirm or deny a story I heard that Peyton Manning chose Tenn over LSU because of the attention LSU gave Josh Booty?

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Peyton said that himself, he was being recruited heavily by LSU and actually had a strong lean, but when they signed Josh and he was on the cover of SI and all he decided LSU was not the place for him. He said it was I believe Miami, LSU and Tennessee.

That is what Peyton said in an interview I saw once, it came up why he and Eli chose elsewhere. Eli said he wanted to follow his Dad at Ole Miss.