the matt mcmahon championship era begins

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jmg, Mar 21, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I'm starting to lose my patience with all these players transferring. They all already bailed on one team and now they're talking about jumping ship again! I know someone will bring up the money, but at some point we have to teach these young players that when you give a commitment, it means something. We wonder why so many kids are so irresponsible, it's because we allow it!

2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

we clearly should have told the NCAA to eat a dick and kept wade the way kansas did, and they are doing great. wade had 3 incoming stars to join a solid base of talent. kansas said the NCAA is shitbags and gave their coach a new contract.

shane0911 and HoopHound like this.
  3. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

Like I've said before, WW dug his own grave. I totally agree about the NCAA to certain degree, but when you give the middle finger to your immediate bosses and the NCAA, there was no way LSU was going to stick up for him. Personally, I think this will make WW a better coach/person down the road for this experience. Often a good serving of humble pie does all of us some good every once in a while!

4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Woodward was tired of the media arm of the NCAA trashing LSU.

5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

maybe. he shouldnt care about that. kansas didnt, and they are alive in the tournament with the same coach on a new lifetime contract

i guess he was worried about fallout for the football program. i dont care about football as much.

sure but the folks he refused to talk to got fired themselves. as they should have. wade was turning this program into a kentucly-level power. now we have to watch as musselman does the same thing at arkansas whilst we get set back a decade or maybe more if this new guy cant recruit.

6. HoopHound

HoopHound Veteran Member

Will is gone and you cannot possibly be surprised that kids are leaving, that was a given.
    Going to take time (years) to rebuild talent and I hope the new guy can recruit.
    By the way, everyone would like to [;ay NBA tempo, few do so don't hold your breath. Thsat takes top drawer talent. Have to see what the new guy can attract.
    I wish him well.

7. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

Even though some of them got fired, he still showed a very high level of disrespect towards his superiors and you just don't do that. It looked bad on him and don't think other schools didn't take notice of what he did also. If he ever coaches again at the D1 level, which I don't think he will, his contract will be loaded clauses dealing with his behavior towards his bosses and with the NCAA. When you're the face of a program, you have to conduct yourself in a manner that projects a positive image on the school. WW acted like someone took away his favorite toy and he went into the corner and pouted.

As for Musselman, he is heads and shoulders above WW. His father was one heck of BB coach and it's clear he picked up a lot of knowledge from him. Arkansas is well balanced on both sides of the court and Musselman is an excellent Xs and Os guy which I'm sure he picked from watching his dad run practice for years both in the NBA and at the college level.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2022
  8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

those superiors got fired

are you not aware of basically every other coach caught doing stuff is still coaching?

again, wade didnt do anything weird or odd or disrespectful. he paid players. everyone does, and everyone knows everyone does. there were like 40 school caught doint various things in the FBI whatever. the only difference was LSU was the voice recording. and the NCAA didnt even have that, the FBI did.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...al-major-allegations-of-violating-ncaa-rules/

more new about memphis getting in trouble just came out today. again, everyone does it and they all coach again. bruce pearl also refused to cooperate with his university and the investigation. thats what any smart person should do for any investigation. i know some of you think you are lawyers but you dont know shit.

you told me you prefer kermit davis to wade. he was caught cheating at texas a &M. he i now at ole miss losing games.

this idea tht coaches dont coach again after getting caught is insane. they all coach again. are you familiar with bruce pearl, or calipari, or bill self, or a million others? even coach K is dirty and everyone knows it.

your motivation here is your pretense that you understand basketball and you can see what poor coaching looks like on the floor. you dont.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2022
    shane0911 likes this.
  9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

He's never going to understand this

10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

another word for coaches that cheat is "winners' or "top seeds" like kentucky and kansas.

i worry that macmahon doesnt cheat because he gives off a very strong boy scout vibe. but like you guys said, maybe NIL means that doesnt matter. i dunno. i bet players still like cash with no strings attached and forms to fill out or instagram ads to do

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.