"There's a reason they call it Death Valley".... (NCAA 2005)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiger, May 21, 2004.

1. LSUTiger

LSUTiger Founding Member

"There's a reason they call it Death Valley. Not many stadiums have had crowd reaction that causes an earth tremor. During one game in 1988, an explosion of crowd noise caused an earth tremor that registered on a seismograph meter in LSU's Geology Department across campus. Local lore has it that the Tigers play better at night, which is why the majority of their home games are scheduled later."

This quote is directly from a loading screen on NCAA 2005.

See the link: http://www.operationsports.com/reviews.asp?game=e32004

scroll to the bottom. Videos #63,66,67, and 68 are clips of USC at LSU.

the quote comes from video 68. In this video you can also see LSU's ratings.

Overall A
    Offense B
    Defense A+
    Sp Team B+

Hopefully since EA is acknowledging the fact that LSU prefers to schedule night games, that Most of LSU's games will be at night in the game. Almost every game in NCAA 2004 was during the day (usually 12:30 or 3pm, even ULM type games) I always did find it annoying to play so many day games on NCAA 2004.

I wonder if LSU's home field advantage will be even better at night in the game too?

2. Vincent4Heisman

Vincent4Heisman Freshman

A 20 yard drop? Who was playing that thing, my 8 year old nephew?

3. StarscreamLSU

StarscreamLSU Founding Member

I think something like 95% of games in NCAA 2004 were day games. It's just the way it was programmed. It's the same reason why you don't see many rain games, it just sets to "Default".

4. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Founding Member

Did I see that correct? LSU#16 and USC#9. Are those the default rankings or was this part of a season where they might have has them lose are game?

5. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

I know those were the rankings for both teams in last year's game. i doubt that is correct for this year...I would be shocked.

6. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

At the begining of the Clip 68 it looks like it says "#4 Toughest" in the bottom right corner. What is that??

7. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

If they are trying to tell us Tiger Stadium is the 4th toughest stadium to play in The game sucks already for accuracy.

LSU is CONSISTANTLY according to opposing coaches #1 or #2, with Michigan possible being its equal.

8. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

I notice the press box is still on the wrong side of the field. I won't be overly disappointed if they don't fix that this year, but it would be nice if they fix that at some point.

9. LSUTiger

LSUTiger Founding Member

With the new upper deck going up next year, hopefully EA will redo Tiger Stadium in the game and fix it then.

The "4th Toughest" means that the game has Tiger Stadium ranked as the fourth toughest to play in.

10. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

I read somewhere where Tennessee is ranked #1.