Top 10 Louisiana Basketball Prospects (L. Washington and K. Branch)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsubasketball, Jan 24, 2007.

1. lsubasketball

lsubasketball Founding Member

I will be heading to Eunice, La. Friday night to watch Washington Marion of Lake Charles play Eunice High. Anxious to see how good Leonard Washington and Kevin Branch are. Washington is a 6'6" 205lb. small forward. He has verbally committed to play for the USC Trojans. Kevin Branch is a transfer from Reserve Christian. He played 3 years with current Baylor point guard Tweety Carter. Branch is a 6'6" shooting guard who reminds me alot of current Tiger Tasmin Mitchell. Both of these kids are seniors and I really don't know why LSU never got an inside track on these two. I do believe they are 2 of the top 10 players in the state. I know Branch is getting alot of attention from Big 12 schools. If any of you know where he may be headed please share.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Our recruiting is still subpar even with a trip to the Final Four. It's quite baffling.

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

They didn't live in Baton Rouge and play ball for Collis Temple, also none of them are the Godchild of a current coach.

4. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I've always said that Brady has trouble recruiting guards for some reason.
    We always lack guards especially an outside shooter.

I'm not bashing Brady either, I think he is the finest recruiter when it comes
    to the front court but the back court is lacking.
    It was amazing we made it to the final four last year with one guard, threat.
    If I remember correctly we hit very little shots from the outside.
    That almost never happens, a team to go to final four without guard play.

I have also wondered why so many guards go out of state without being recruited yet we
    get guards out of state?

5. lsubasketball

Definitely right on great guards going out of state.

Martin Zeno, Jarrius Jackson, Chris Duhon, also the kid from Glen Oaks that was tragicly shot and killed in baton rouge that played one year at USC; Shan Foster who is shooting lights out at Vanderbilt, Hollis Price who played for Oklahoma, DJ Augustine at Texas, Tweety Carter at Baylor. Yea the list goes on.

We could also use kentrell Gransberry right now to compliment Big Baby. If ya'll remember Gransberry signed with LSU out of Juco and was on the team for like two weeks. We is now averaging about 13 points a game and 9 rebounds for South Florida.

6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Do you know if Mac G. is the coach at Washington Marion? He played at Mamou High and later at VT- if I remember correctly. I played with him but he was a freshman my last year.

7. lsubasketball

yep; Mack Guillory is the head coach there. He's done a helluva job there. I remember hearing stories from his high school days in Mamou in the early 80's; they say he had skills.

When I was an 8th grader I went to a basketball camp in Lake Charles and his younger brother was a freshman. I was good enough to make the high school team my 8th grade year. Mack's Younger brother put up like 40 on us his freshman year. Mamou is a AA school. I played for 1A Basile. Anyway. The following year he transferred to Barbe in Lake Charles and made All-State at the 5A school is soph., junior, and senior year. Wish I could remember his first name. He went on and also played D1 basketball but not sure for what school.

8. LSUTiga

Yep...The name is Dalton- oh that's Road House. lol His lil bros name was Myron. I graduated in '83.

Basile's football/wrestling coach, Tony, and the Bellon's come to my house for our Parish Livestock Show. In fact, the Bellon's (I'm sure you know them) plug their camper in my barn and stay here to party.

9. lsubasketball

Myron that's it. Yea; I know Tony real well. Actually, his first year in Basile as an assistant coach was my senior year in high school. Very small world.

10. LSUTiga

You played for G. LaFleur or S. Duplechian?? I was a principal with both of them.....Das sum crazy dudes. LaFleur and I used to hunt and fish together sometimes.