Top Billin' examines Linehan's Spread Offense

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Sourdoughman, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Another quality analysis by TB. Thanks for posting.

Sourdoughman likes this.
  3. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Ima give him a chance. Was very skeptical on the breaking news but maybe it was J Geezy that was holding him back in Dallas. My man Bryan Broaddus talked me off the ledge.

4. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

I’m thrilled about Linehan now that I’ve taken the time to learn a bit about his history. Come to the dark side. We’ve got @islstl and @Rougarou2020

5. BP

BP Founding Member

So maybe O is not the clueless buffoon that some (one) people think he is.... go figure.

6. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

I feel better after watching the video on Linehan.

CaryLab likes this.
  7. unclenick

unclenick LSU & USMC

How is that the dark side? You're happy about everything O touches, see nothing but blue skies ahead & are selling positivity. I'm just asking.

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Top Billin' sees football through purple and gold goggles, but he knows the game. Love his point about distinguishing Linehan as OC for a defensive-minded head coach (Schwartz at Detroit) as opposed to an offense guy (Garrett at Dallas). Orgeron as a defensive guy is much more likely to give his offensive assistants more autonomy.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

That's because he took the time to educate himself about Lineham just as I did. I didn't like it when I first heard he was hire but now I feel a lot better about him. Apparently he is great with the red zone offenses so if we keep the things Brady brought Lineham can only add value to what is already there.

You, on the other hand are nothing but a troll. If Oeaux had hired Sean Payton you would find fault with it or say it was some BOS member who called the shots.

fanatic and Winston1 like this.
  10. unclenick

unclenick LSU & USMC

Eduacated by "Top Billin"? Gimme a break. You bought into all the daily hard sell Advocate & Satuday Down South articles. He wasnt sought out by any other team.

No plays have been run. I don't hate linehan, think we could've done better. But he may workout working behind E.

BTW, on the Top Billin' video, he said Patrick Peterson cut the wrong way. (at abot 6:50) That's False. The reason he cut left instead of right, is that in the NFL & College, corners know to protect that wide open side line. They will aways chase the play back to the center. Always better to give up 10 yards than a TD.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020