UF-LSU Predictions

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Unregistered, Oct 1, 2001.

1. GATORooski

GATORooski Freshman

Gators Will Cruise

But I doubt they will hit their season average of 50. The hostile environment will keep the Gators from getting into overdrive but they will score more than enough points to win in Death Valley.

LSU has scored no more than 28 points (twice) in the past 20 years against the Gators and that trend will continue Saturday. After a relatively slow start the Rex Grossman lead offense gets it in gear and wins going away.

UF 40 - LSU 17

2. J_Oats

J_Oats Founding Member

prediction

I picked Tennessee to win last weeks game, primarily because of the home field advantage, and I thought they would handle the layoff better. LSU look real good at the end of last weeks game, throwing all over a defense just about equal to Florida's. They also looked real good against the run, against a running back who ran for 200 yards against a good Arkansas D, I can't remeber a run longer than 8 yards. If the Tigers can get the run game going, keep up a similar level to the passing game once they got in a rhythm, and keep Florida's running game in check and concentrate on pass. My prediction:

LSU-28 Florida-27

3. HoustonTiger

HoustonTiger Freshman

This is kind of funny. All these Gator fans coming in here saying it will be a blowout. I assume because they had a great day at HOME against a down Miss. St (who couldn't have beat anyone that day). Oh, I see, it's because they blew out Marshall, Louisiana Monroe and that powerhouse Kentucky.

Don't get me wrong Gator Fans, you might win today, but it will not be a blowout. The smart money is on the Tigers and the points.

My prediction is Tigers 27 - Gators 24........

but my real prediction is Tigers plus the points, take that to the bank. mortgage your house, it's a lock...........:D

4. Gator

Gator Guest

Tell ya what...

I (and my Gator friends) will come back and take my medicine in the event of an LSU victory so long as no one raises any objections to us coming back for some gloating in the event of a Gator victory.

5. Gator

Gator Guest

Guess it won't be a blow-out, eh Houston?

Maybe 44-15 isn't a blow-out to you, sure seems like one to me.

6. HoustonTiger

HoustonTiger Freshman

I hear ya Gator...

Grossman, is the real deal. I thought we could show them something they haven't seen this year. Unfortunately, the endzone is not what I had in mind. They've seen it plenty this year.

After watching that game, I would say Florida is the best team in the Country!!!

Unfortunately for you, I also said LSU would cover the spread.

Anyways, good luck against Miami or Oklahoma in the Rose Bowl.

7. Gator

Gator Guest

Ahhhhh...

You are no fun Houston. I say something classless and you respond with stubborn civility.

You guys are good sports and good fans.

LSU didn't seem to bring it today. I wonder if last week took some wind out of the sails?

Anyway, good luck and beat the crap out of Bama, AU, and MSU.

8. HoustonTiger

HoustonTiger Freshman

Gator, I didn't feel you were classless. I felt like gatorhead was classless on the swampgas forum(LSU/UT phonics). I let him know what I thought. My user name is skip on your board. I figured I would have an advantage since our baseball team has ruled Gators for years.

Goodluck in Pasadena

9. HoustonTiger

HoustonTiger Freshman

nevermind gator, it looks as if the moderators over there have already deleted gatorheads classless post.

10. Gator

Gator Guest

I,m just glad that we finally rid ourselves of Lopes in hardball. This MSU guy seems pretty good.