USAToday article with Bowe quote's

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeafValleyBatnR, Sep 7, 2004.

1. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

2. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

"I told the QB to trust me," Bowe said. "I said I'm not even going to run the route you call, I'm just going to get open. I was able to do that and in two plays I scored."

Sounds like an LSU QB against UAB a few years ago!

I wonder what Saban and Fisher thinks about this...

3. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

I read this and the FIRST thing I thought of was the players were dissatisfied with what was being called on the field.

Of course, it wasn't the playcalling that caused just about every WR other than Bowe to drop passes like it was going out of style.

4. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

Yeah, when I read that I thought that it was HIGHLY disturbing. Not just for the whole "Booty" thing, but that it worked tells us something about Jimbo. Add in the winning pass against UGA to Green last season and it seems that we have a problem with our pass routes...

5. DRC

DRC TigerNator

I dont think Saban and Jimbo are going to like this quote AT ALL! Quite frankly I dont like it and its shows a lack of respect and discipline. I bet he ends up hearing about it from the coaches and probably wont make anymore stupid comments like this.

Not good!

6. MALONE121212

MALONE121212 Founding Member

Sometimes you must improvise. I do not put too much in this statement. Skyler did it last year. He also made it well known he did it. Every now and then you got to run a red light right, but you just have to make sure its not often. Also when you are playing you see things that nobody else can see. It looked like the same route two times in a row. I think Bowe noticed something and took advantage. This is no different that a Qb calling an audible is it????

7. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Audibling to another play (one that is in the playbook) is much different than WRs making up their own pass routes on the fly.

If I remember correctly, Green simply ran the wrong route last year.

Anyway you slice it, it's probably wise for Bowe not to make those comments public ... Saban will make sure he doesn't in the future!

8. roygu

roygu Founding Member

If I remember correctly, Saban said that the Green situation happens all the time in practice. If the DB's are in position to stop the play then go deep. According to the coaches interview after the game. Mauck had seen that situation many times in practice.
    Maybe that is what Bowe was implying with a little embelishment to make him look good. Most good players have a need for such. ;).

9. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Atleast he told Russell that he was going to run something else. These guys have been playing football for a pretty long time. Bowe knows how to get open and Russell knows how to hit an open receiver.

Just like playing in your backyard, only with more people watching.

10. medtiger

medtiger Founding Member

If Bowe is on the field and sees something that Jimbo doesn't see in the pressbox I am sure that he can inform the quarterback and they can change the play. Don't forget that Mauck had the ability, and was encouraged, to change the play depending on how the defense lined up. Plus, Bowe could not have done any worse that Jimbo did in the last game.