Ventura calls Wellstone rally distasteful.

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Mr. Wonderful, Oct 30, 2002.

1. Mr. Wonderful

Mr. Wonderful Founding Member

Governor Ventura who I though was quite appropriate and eloquent in his comments the day of Wellstone's death at his press conference was quite disgusted with the rally yesterday. Ventura, who is no friend of Norm Coleman (they ran against each other for Guv. 4 years ago) is now considering appointing an Independent to represent Minnesota on an interim basis after the fierce, hatred (but I feel appropriate) tone of the Wellstone death rally. To be fair, Ventura was booed at the ceremony, but then again most death ceremonies include booing.
    There is some talk of a backlash against the tone of yesterday's rally. I feel Mondale will still win as he will increase his numbers with women voters. But, regardless of ones political persuasion, don't believe for a second that yesterdays rally was anything more than a political affair.

2. Biggles

Biggles Founding Member

Well......

If anyone should know distasteful, Ventura is the man..........

3. Mr. Wonderful

Mr. Wonderful Founding Member

Both Ventura and Wellstone were fighting veterans.

Doesn't that immune them from criticism? Ventura was a US Military veteran who fought the VietCong and Wellstone fought 50% of Minnesotans, but Wellstone was in alot more fights than Ventura I'm sure. Or maybe Wellstone just talking about fighting more? Regardless, neither should be criticized. Let's concentrate on the chickenhawks, like Bush, Jr. and FDR.

4. Biggles

Biggles Founding Member

Certainly Jesse's military service is commendable

but his "boa wearing days" gravitate more to the distasteful....

Plus he's scared to run for a second term....
    Seems all the steriods shrunk his testicular fortitude a wee bit.....