What is your fondest memory while...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by KTeamLSU, Jan 15, 2005.

1. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Ugh...you ate her flesh? Who are you...Hannabel? :grin:

2. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Tell us more!

3. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

[​IMG]

...with some farver beans and a nice bottle of Chianti?

4. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

Let's see....

1. The Earthquake game.
    2. Waiting for class cards all day and then still nothing.
    3. Getting away from class cards to calling on the phone to register.
    4. Dating sorority babes
    5. Tigerland.. enough said
    6. The old Louie's on Chimes
    7. Playing pool at The Bayou
    8. Collecting different glasses from every bar, the fish bowl at Fred's was the hardest to get out.
    9. Kentucky in the Deaf Dome, those were some crazy times in the student section.
    10. Wayne Parent, best teacher by far
    11. Snowing
    12. Free Speech Alley.... "Let's Get Ready To Rumble"
    13. Pretty much picking any seat you wanted at Alex Box, there was a time....
    14. Tigers first trip to CWS
    15. Cheap football tickets
    16. The Fog Bowl vs Fla St.
    17. Getting car towed and impounded for parking in wrong color zone
    18. The JV football team, they played on turf at Bernie Moore
    19. Ronald Reagan speaking at graduation in Tiger Stadium

5. LSU Engineer

LSU Engineer Unnamed Source

-My first game at Tiger Stadium in 1994 against Texas A&M. I know LSU lost but it was my first time in the building.

-First road trip to Texas A&M in '95. Five of us piled into my 2 door 1985 Grand AM and the damn thing broke down on Lee. We finally got home and took my parents' vehicle to A&M. We decorated their car with sayings such EaTmE and the 12th man is gay.

-Skipping my physics 2002 class to eat breakfast at the Union for like 1.99 before the corporate takeover. Also, the lunch burritos were enormous and only cost 1.99 with a coke. My friend and his girlfriend would steal the plates and silverware for their apartments. They used to give out real plates and silverware.

-The bring back the magic game against Auburn in '95. The stadium was electric and when Twillie intercepted that pass the place went wild.

-As much as I hated getting dosed with cokes and other beverages on scores. I miss the student section. A big group of my friends would sit behind the north end goalpost. Those were good times.

-The 1996 College World Series. We were studying for a Dynamics test on Monday and took time out to watch the game. I remember almost breaking the coffee table when that ball flew over the fence.

-1997 College World Series. Me and my friend packed up his car and drove to Omaha. We watched every game at that Series except two. An amazing ten days.

-The many road trips to Ole Miss and stealing the signs off vaught hemingway stadium.

-1997 Florida Game - I still have that ticket and will frame it with the poster one day. I also got to see the greatest thing at that game. Two UF morons were walking toward the student section with huge sign that said "Work 'em silly Gators". A student runs through the sign grabs it and runs toward the student section. Everyone was holding their breath that he would make it back to the safety of the student section. He did and the sign was torn up and distributed amongst the students. After I saw that I for some reason thought LSU had a chance.

-Meeting my future wife at a party that was supposed to drown my sorrows after that frustating Ole Miss loss the next week after the Florida. By far my best memory. f

-Rotolo's, Sports and the Stadium Club.

-The Chimes - If I had more money I would have made it around the world.

-Waiting in line overnight for tickets to first Independance Bowl. We snuck into Tiger Stadium to play a little football that night.

-Freezing at both Independance bowls.

-Hanging out in the ASME room my final semester looking at all the freshman and sophomores worry about classes I had already passed and no longer had to worry about.

At that is just a short list of the many memories.

6. freddy

freddy Founding Member

I remember this vividly, it had to be at least 1 1/2 hours before the game, the band wasnt even in the stadium yet I think. After the sign was torn up I had never seen the student section that wild that early before a game. Great moment, great game.

7. LSUSPORTSFREAK

LSUSPORTSFREAK Founding Member

$1 Busch longnecks at Sport's on Mondays.. Tracy (the DJ) playing Fire Woman... by The Cult.

T-Trax always had the music thumping and the ladies dancing.

Jagermeister-induced coma at Fred's

Blimpie's Best sandwich when it was just a hole in the wall

Jumping into the pool at Plantation Trace from the 2nd floor balcony.

Playing bastetball with CJ @ the courts in Plantation Trace and getting a basketball autographed.

Sleeping under the PMAC for LSU-UNLV tickets...we were in the 2nd row... CJ lit it up that day.

Shaq's freshman year... swatting blocked shots 7 rows into the stands.

Jamie Howard drunk off his ass in Sport's

Hanging out at AAA's

Eating at Pancho's on Nicholson before picking up our kegs at Northgate... Pancho's tastes much worse coming up after a kegger. :cry:

8. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Amen to the old Louie's on Chimes, but I didn't like Wayne "You're not my" Parent !

9. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

1. Speeding to campus because I was going to be late for a 7:30 am French class one morning and almost ran over my French teacher on his bike who was also running late. (An unGodly hour for French. I can barely speak english in the early morning hours.)

2. Having my French teacher so intimidated of me that he never had the nerve to tell me not to bring my coffee despite all the "no food or drink allowed" signs in the room. (hmmm... I wonder why?)

3. On the Saturdays of home football games and I couldn't go, being in my studio on campus, working on projects, and hearing the crowd when good things for LSU happened. There was no mistaking when the Tigers scored.

4. Going to Tiger Basketball games.

5. The smell of coffee roasting at the Community Coffee plant by the river.

6. The atmosphere in Tiger Stadium. No matter what the game or circumstances, being there was the best high there was.

7. Almost running over a brown shirted parking cop (accidentally, of course) that wouldn't let me through to get to my parking lot while "Everybody's All American" was being filmed on campus. Absolutely nothing was going on, and no crews were around, but the nazi was on a power trip. He deserved it, since his power play was making me late for an exam.

I guess I fall into the old timer category. I graduated in '88.

10. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

I can't believe I didn't list the best one...

Several of us would get together and watch the College World Series every year. The guys that were already out in the real world working would schedule some of their vacation time that week. Every one in that group has moved and we no longer get together for the CWS now, so having that time with the guys is something I wouldn't trade for anything!

That is probably my fondest memory of being in Baton Rouge, not just when I was in college.