Vote Now! Who should've won the "Finger of God" 2007 NC?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerTap, Apr 12, 2021.

?

Who should have won 2007 NC?

Poll closed Jun 12, 2021.
  1. Georgia

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  2. Ohio State

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Missouri

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Southern Cal

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  5. Kansas (wild card* Fighting Manginos)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. LSU

12 vote(s)
    70.6%
  7. West Virginia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

So named by Tigerfan's own insecure wordsmith @tzanghi

"I stand by it to this day because we needed the finger of god to get into that championship game." @tzanghi

[​IMG]

da List:

http://www.nationalchamps.net/NCAA/2007_final_polls.htm

Obviously, we were a terrible 2 Loss team. Poorly coached with a Flinstone Offfense. Ignore those 4 TD passes, as Lester didn't use the TE properly, if ever. Acccording to several board members, most anyone deserved the mighty "Finger of God" trophy far more than LSU. Dirty Les had no bid'ness losing dem 2 games, even if dey couldn't beat us in 60 minutes. Dey won it in OT tho. Probably poor clock management, somehow won LSU the F.O.G. NC. l think 'ol Lester was out chasing some 18 - 20 year old coeds during da game anyway. Plus "Sabans Playas"..ya know. Bo Pelini & Bradley Dale Peveto, all the more reason we don't deserve it. All in all, a huge embarassing "win". Compare the final season records & see who deserved the win most. Gots to be at least 5 or 6 teams more deserving than LSU. Perhaps we can get this awful blemish removed from the annals of LSU Football History.

Hep us Stop dat LSU Pain!!

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
    unclenick likes this.
  2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

You are a sad little man tap. Your sick attempt at satire (?) is so transparent. While LSU was fortunate they were without a doubt deserving to be selected and earned it on the field. Try again sport, but if you don’t get over your obsession you’re going to be laughed at rather than laughed with.

3. TBTrumpet

TBTrumpet Founding Member

Any one of those teams had a chance to win. That’s a testament to how chaotic that year was.

LSU did need a major amount of help to move from #7 to #2 in the final week of the season. There’s no denying that. Winning the SEC Championship wasn’t enough.

In those two overtime loses, it wasn’t the offense that blew it, it was the defense. Who was our defensive coordinator? Bo Pelini. I swear, that guy could be a genius in one game, and a drunken clown in the next.

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Don't validate the troll.

shane0911 and Winston1 like this.
  5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Exactly, the only thing sadder than this miserable thread is the fact that anyone actually voted in the stupid poll. I guess it is fun to play with the monkeys now and again though so carry on, just don't complain when he throws a handful of shit back at you.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
  6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

In a way you are both right. LSU should have been undefeated. We were that good.

But...

We were coached by Lester who managed to lose 2 games which left us to chance.

Sleep tight bud.

7. msully

msully Founding Member

Who did we play oh another team that I do not like . Sorry Ohio State . 74 and the mind is not what it should be

8. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

We had Lester, but did Lester make all but Kansas & Hawaii lose 2 or more games in the Top 25?
    The dream of a Super BCS Hula Bowl between 1 Loss Kansas & 1 Loss Hawaii was not gonna happen ever, sorry. Why did all of the Top 25 lose 2 or 3 games?

Seems to me any team who had what you believe far better coaches than Dirty Les, all failed. The facts (records don't lie..) @tzanghi is skittish & unsure, but when the dust cleared, it was bad boy Les hoisting crystal over & reigning Supreme over all the CFB world, after destroying fan favorite #1 tOhio State. I'm asking was who was better than LSU?

Does it diminish a National Championship, when all of the real Top 25 had 2 or more losses?

Seems a couple votes for 2 Loss Jawja & USC. So it would be 2 Loss Georgia NC or 2 Loss USC NC in 2007. Doubt either would be as insecure & would have puffed out their chest proudly if that had happened. Would @tzanghi be labeling say a 2 Loss USC with his Scarlet Letter? "But... but dey lost 2 games in triple Overtime!" No. It's just his hatred of Dirty Les, and your hatred of him too, that make the Scarlett Letter almost seem legit. Almost. Besides we had the "Finger of God" on our side.

Where am I going wrong?

unclenick likes this.
  9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I think you are taking Lester's only National Title and being the only 2 loss BCS champion in a negative way. Maybe you need to look in a mirror.

I am not sorry the shrimp boat captain surpassed Lester.

TBTrumpet, shane0911 and Winston1 like this.
  10. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Funby thing...most coaches don't have an "Only Championship". Not taking a negative view, just asking who was better that year.

Does Cap't Shrimp Boat have 100+ wins at LSU * 2 SEC Championships? Last I looked, Rosy Finch brought LSU to new heights at 5-5. Smooth sailing eh?

unclenick likes this.