Why It Is Mathematically Impossible for Trump to win the White House

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tiger in NC, Mar 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

actually, no I am not a Hillary fan, but you guys need to see the truth about Trump. I have been reading all of your hopeful thinking about a Trump presidency and it just isn't plausible, not even close.

2. Tiger in NC

No, I didn't post it to get a reaction. I posted it for those who honestly think Trump has a chance in hell of winning. Hillary is not going to be indicted, not even close. I've been very vocal that Bernie was my first choice so I am not a Hillary fan but I will vote for her if it is between her and Trump. Trump's unfavorables are astonishingly high and so much higher than Clinton's that it makes it virtually impossible for him to win. You rightly point out that Hillary is not a popular candidate but she, like Trump, are household names by now and have been for 20 years. There is nothing new that the electorate is going to learn about Hillary but we've yet to see all the skeleton's in Trumps closet. It is amazing to me that in the one year that an election is tailor made for a Republican that conservatives went out and found the one person in the country with lower favorable numbers that HRC.

3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

I don't agree with the term "mathematically" in the title, but I agree with the analysis. Trump has literally zero chance to be president. Kasich is far more likely.

4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Numbers change. Not that I don't give your point credence. Any nontraditional candidate will be fighting his opponent and the system (kinda like LSU vs Bama).

5. Tiger in NC

fair enough....and yes, if Kasich were to get the nomination I would vote for him over Hillary in a heart beat

6. Tiger in NC

Numbers do change, I will not deny that. The reason I think they will not move this time is because of Trumps over the top rhetoric as it pertains to hispanics, the not so sincere rebuttal of the Klan's support, the racial under tones that his rallies have and his degredation of women....these are all things that are helping him with disaffected white people and propelling him to victory in the primaries. But these will be a major impediment in the general. As it stands right now, I read a new statistic this morning that says that 50% of all women voters say they have very unfavorable views of Trump. Women make up 53% of the electorate.

7. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Shhhhh... Don't break their spirits now. Let election day come and go so Hillary can break it.

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I am not sure why people keep talking about Trumps favorable rating, both he and HRC are terrible in this regard.

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/hillary-clinton-favorable-rating

Whats most surprising is that HRC has been relatively under the radar as well with regards to amount of debates and interviews. As we know, Trump has been ALL OVER the news.

Even still, she is continuing to get worse. Her numbers are even worse with independents.

9. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

Just as you were about Osamacare being "good."

10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Women never change their minds...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.