"Will Nutt Go To LSU?"

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TejasTiger, Dec 28, 2004.

1. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

This is an article posted on the Arkansas Sports Network (ARSN) website by one Rick Schaeffer. Rick apparently is a former SID there, among other things, and has long-standing ties to the program.

What is also apparent is that he forgot to take his meds prior to penning this article, because the guy is clearly delusional (though he comes across as a nice guy to me based on the tone of his writing). I highlighted some of the more interesting comments in bold for your reading pleasure.

Anyways, enjoy!

Comments welcome.

2. philter

philter Founding Member

This story isn't going away it seems. Folks at TB are up in arms. He's not a bad coach, but he 'aint great either - I would be disappointed beyond belief if we offered Nutt at this stage.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

just an early flyer that the press jumps on and takes the bait as the fools they are. don't be a fool. sleep well. it will likely be a name you don't expect at all.

jack del rio shhh dont tell anyone.

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

As much as I have to admit that Arkansas is always up for the game against us, I'm not impressed with Houston Nutts' coaching. I thought he really let the game become out of hand this past meeting when he called the fake punt from their own, what? 27-yard line??? while still in the first half.

I know that's only one example, but honestly, I really don't get a warm, fuzzy feeling about hiring him.

The positives I can say about him is that at least he's dedicated to running the same philosophy that I like: solid running game, moble QB and a tough defense.

Nick might have mentioned having difficulties beating a Houston Nutt-coached team, but other teams in the SEC surely don't have that problem....especially this season.

5. BostonBengal

At this stage, I would surely be disappointed if we hired him. If we're going to hire anyone this early, I think they should have a little more impressive coaching record and accolodates (Petrino, Del Rio, Tedford, Davis)

6. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

If the best we can do is Houston Nutt, someone please put me out of my misery. email campaign to Skip anyone? :rofl: :thumb:

7. TejasTiger

Arky fans are so damn dumb they can't even come up with convincing-sounding lies... err, I mean, "inside info".

Supposedly some Fayetville talk show host mentioned something about an offer on the table for Houston that pays, get this, $2.5 mil.

Not only is this more than Saban earned, it's the exact same amount Nebraska was rumored to be offering in their second attempt to snag him last year.

All that inbreedin' done clouded their minds up there, ya know. Silly fools. ;)

8. BlueStateDude

BlueStateDude Freshman

Neaux to Nutt

I would rather hire a nut from Houston than Houston Nutt. Jimmy Sexton needs to stop before he ruins us.

9. TejasTiger

KNWA televison (Ark) posted this to their website earlier tonight:

http://www.knwa.com/sports/default.asp?mode=shownews&id=1121

10. BostonBengal