Worried about the Virginia Tech situation?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Geaux5000, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Geaux5000

Geaux5000 Founding Member

I think we are in a unique position to understand how the Virginia Tech people feel, and I'm certainly very sympathetic to what happened to them, but at the same time we have a real shot at a National Title if things fall the right way, and we still have to go out there and win a football game. I'm glad that the game is in Baton Rouge, but I'm also afraid that some in the VT community are going to look to this game a lot more than their opener against ECU. Thoughts?

1 person likes this.
  2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

They sure should but their opener will have "Game Day" visiting so it'll be hyped too. Cal-Tenn. isn't getting the Game Day crew anymore........what a thud, who wouldn't rather see Cal/Tenn instead of VT/ECU.

3. sonof504

sonof504 Founding Member

Their defense and HB really scare me. If we are as good as I think we are then we should be able to win this game. Both teams are probably facing the best defense they'll see all year(unless we do get that USC game)

1 person likes this.
  4. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

We will win because of home field.

The fact that Gameday is VT the first week sickens me, though.

5. LSUTiga

:rofl:

1 person likes this.
  6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I had read that Game Day bailed on the kal/vol game but didn't see where they were going instead. Are you kidding me? Are they really going to VaTech?

7. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

Would not surprise me, ratings matter, not the game. They will embellish human drama to sell their product.

8. LSUTiga

That's what I read on the USC forum. Been home lately??:hihi:

9. True Grit

True Grit Founding Member

We should probably do something at the game to honor their dead. But we should not play easy on because of what happened.

10. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

This is the only game that I'm feeling nervous about and it's only because of their vaunted defense. Well that and the fact that our offense will undoubtedly be slow-starting. I hope I'm wrong about our offense, but we have a new OC, new QB, new receivers... But, then again, we have an experienced line, some experience in the backfield with Hester and Williams and we have Doucet and Holliday to throw to.

Judging by what I saw at spring practice, I have A LOT of confidence in Doucet and KW. We know that Flynn was a competent QB in Jimbo's system, but now that Jimbo's gone... what will happen? Mauck was a perfect example of this. However, Flynn supposedly has a lot of athletic ability. Maybe he'll flourish in Crowton's system. But then again, Jimbo is known for developing QBs... I think we're just faced with TOO many questions at the moment. I see us losing a game. What game? I'm not sure if it'll be VT, BAMA, Arkansas... hell it could be Mississippi State to start the season... wouldn't that be something. :eek: