Worried about the Virginia Tech situation?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Geaux5000, Jun 27, 2007.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Fair enough, again not blasting you maybe I am just speaking for myself.

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I think it's kind of sleazy for Game Day to go to Blacksburg for the first game against ECU. I expected them to be @ Baton Rouge the next week because it was a big game and because then they could do all of their stories about the massacre without actually being @ the scene of the disaster. It's creepy.

I have a lot of reading to do on here today. The past month has been taken up with moving from one house to another. I'm not sure if I would recommend closing on a house and starting on a total remodel that night--but that's what we did...one headache after another!

3. bitter ND

bitter ND Founding Member

I think the tragedy at VT can only hurt La. athletics.

I mean, when teams played NO Saints or other La teams, there was always a certain uneasiness about beating the La teams. If you were going to lose, you wouldn't mind losing to an La team.

But, now with the massacre at VT, I think VT gets the benefit of the doubt now instead of the La teams.

1 person likes this.
  4. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Like the Geico caveman says..."Yes I'd like to respond to that...WHAT?"!:dis:

1 person likes this.
  5. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Wait...I get it now! This is your way of getting over ND getting dat AZZ spanked in January...by THE LA team.:hihi:

6. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

Bitter, you do know that the hurricanes did more damage than just in Louisiana. It affected Mississippi and Alabama too. I also know that no team feels "uneasy" about trying to win a ball game. Besides, no one felt uneasy about beating the Saints in 2005 and LSU proved it can do just as well, hurricane or no hurricane.

Now as far as the Virginia Tech game goes. I think we have an advantage on multiple levels with the biggest advantage being that it's a night game in Baton Rouge. We don't lose often at home after the sun goes down. Second advantage is that we have more time to prepare for them. Sure, they'll be watching us and then play their games 2 days later. But, we'll have extra practice time committed to VT. And the 3rd is not as obvious. I hate to use this term but this might be a "trap" game for VT in terms of the Hokies almost being emotionally exhausted from their first game, which is at home and they'll have game day. That's my thoughts on it.

7. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

Oh...my...God. I'm just going to forget that I read that before my blood pressure rises to extremely unhealthy levels. :angryfire

8. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

I am not worried about VT - the LSU team can handle them on the field.
    I think the fans at the game will handle any mention of the VT campus killings with class - remember how we reacted to the Chuckie Mullens injury when LSU fans gave thousands more to his medical fund than Ole Miss expected. Remember how LSU students as well as the team pitched in and helped with the rescue efforts after the the Gulf Coast was smashed by storms.

Now, personally I see a big difference between the VT football team and the school. I like the school, but do not like the team or their coach or the quality of player he recruits. If you live in Baton Rouge, keep an eye on your pets that weekend.

:cool:

9. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

I would love to respond to this, but I just don't quite know how.

10. eL eS shU

eL eS shU Founding Member

i know it was a tradegy, and i hope to god nothing like that ever happens at LSU, but im tired of the media and many CFB fans milking this.

you dont hear about this being the best game of the week, between two highly ranked teams. It just gets turned into the massacre thing. IMO