WVU Student here, looking forward to the matchup, hoping for some good conversation.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WVUClassOf12, Sep 19, 2010.

1. WVUClassOf12

WVUClassOf12 Freshman

I'll be making the trip down to Baton Rouge, and I can't wait to experience the atmosphere, win or lose. Though, I do warn you to never under estimate the Mountaineers. It's going to be one of(if not the most) hostile environments we've ever played in, but we've always been a team that rises to the occasion when our backs are against the wall.

You can point out that we had a scare at Marshall, but I think that we really grew up as a team during that game. It never should have came to that, but we managed to come back behind a sophomore QB starting his second game ever. He's a real leader, and will be a special talent. He has unbelievable poise, but your atmosphere will be a huge wall to get over. Noel Devine, Jock Sanders, and Tavon Austin are as talented a trio of players as any team in the country has, and they'll get their shots at breaking a couple big plays.

Our biggest question mark, though, is what terrifies me. Our offensive line has been very suspect thus far, and your defense is going to give me nightmares this week. They're unbelievable.

Our defense isn't any slouch, either, though. We had eight sacks against Maryland. Though, we might be able to be beat deep, if our senior starting CB Brandon Hogan is still going to be sitting out. Maryland's entire offense basically consisted of two deep TD passes.

This game isn't going to be a blow out either way, and I'm just excited to experience one of the great atmospheres in college sports.

1 person likes this.
  2. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

great post! this is what we like to hear from rivals. we are NOT underestimating WVU, we are here to discuss what should be a great game. :thumb:

3. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

You will enjoy it. Come early. Introduce yourself to anyone that yells "tiger bait" at you. They will feed you and pour alcohol down your throat. Show spirit for your team. Expect to be drowned out by the sounds of our own fans.

Win or lose, you won't forget it.

4. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Nice first post. You have a fellow Mountaineer on another thread we'd like you to counsel...show him how to act on a rival board.

Looking forward to this game. I think if you have a suspect OL, your concerns about our DL are warranted. We did not really expect them to be what they have turned out to be this soon, but they are incredible...and DEEP. As for your secondary, well, your weakness vs our weakness. Should be a draw there. I don't think we'll be torching any secondaries anytime soon.

If you can handle the words "Tiger Bait" with a smile, you will be treated well, and will eat better than you can imagine. Enjoy the game and the atmosphere, and stick around. If you have any fellow Mountaineer posters that are reasonable, tell them to visit TF throughout the week. We enjoy reasonable conversation with rival posters, and many stick around for years after the game.

5. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

You never know, if the SEC ever needed to expand(as the internet/radio rumors suggested all summer), West Virginia might be a team they would take a look at. I think they would be able to compete right away in the SEC.

6. WVUClassOf12

WVUClassOf12 Freshman

To be honest, I can't wait to experience "Tiger Bait". We can dish it out in Morgantown, so it's only proper to expect it back and take it in stride everywhere else.

LSU likes to play press man-to-man coverage, right? I'm really interested to see how we can beat that with our small quick receivers. They're dynamic and deceptively strong, but Patrick Peterson is a different kind of beast.

7. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

we pride ourselves on being the best hosts possible.
    Virginia Tech fans LOVED it when they came in '07.

get on campus as early as you can and take in all of the sights possible.
    watch the band march down the hill before the game.

8. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

I actually thought that the people were really nice to the opposing fans. There were some Miss. St fans in McDonalds and everyone just left them alone.

9. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Before the season, everyone thought our secondary was easily the strength of the team. They are as good as expected, but man...the DL and LBers have really impressed. Of course, it helps when the QB can't find an open receiver, and the DL has time to get to him. But these guys don't need much time. Our DL isn't the biggest. Nevis is a beast, but the guys on the ends are fast as lightning. On defense, I'd have to say safety is our least impressive group. But even the safeties are nothing to sneeze at...and get better each game.
    -
    It's simple. Our offense is handicapped. People here may argue about who's at fault for that, but nobody can deny that's the weakness of the team...particularly the passing game. To me, it's playcalling.
    -
    Special teams is another very bright spot. LSU allowed less than 2 yds/punt return last season, and this season is just as good. So far, the kickoff team is equally as impressive, placekicker is money even from long distance, and punters are clutch. LSU uses a couple of different punters. Jasper, the placekicker, is also the pooch punter. His punts are almost always downed inside the ten, including the one punt LSU had tonight, which was downed inside the 5.
    -
    Our band is the best in the land, our mascot will eat yours or anybody's, and our Golden Girls are smokin' hot.

So, tell us more about WVU.

10. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Seriously...do this.