You can't please everybody

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerlaw, Apr 1, 2006.

1. tigerlaw

tigerlaw Founding Member

I'm suprised that it took this long for someone to wite an article about this. Just goes to show that even if we got rid of the BSC and replaced it with a tournament, there would still be some whining:

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/5454848?GT1=7934

2. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

I still don't understand these sports writers. IMO, you play your season to gain a great seed in the tournament. The higher the seed the easier it is to become a national champion. THAT IS THE POINT BEHIND ANY PLAYOFF SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!!! If it was up to these douche bags we would have the sportswriters and coaches vote on the national champion at the end of the season, and we all know how well that works.

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Since when does scrappy write for foxsports.com?

4. Cajun J

Cajun J Founding Member

There is one certainty in life. The media is made up of a bunch of idiots.

NCAA basketball is set up for one thing....and one thing only. THE BIG DANCE!

A coach & his team must form a strategy that will place them in the top 64 of the nation to be invited to this tournament. Once that invitation is certain, the regular season only matters for seeding for THE BIG DANCE. Whether that strategy be to rest injured players and take defeat (as LSU in the SEC tourney) or to win every game of the regular season pulling out all your moves and showing your strengths (DUKE)......it only matters how you "guide" your team to THE BIG DANCE! Once in the tournament, you pull out the guns and start firing. So all this media bull$h!+ about "the best teams" didn't make to the final 4 is just idiotic. There is no such thing as a "best" team. Every team has a chance to win.......it's just who wants it more.....who has more passion, desire....and heart. The media needs to learn that they cannot just crown a team champion (USC/Duke).....a team has to EARN it. And my friends, these final 4 teams have earned their place.

:geauxtige

5. Cajun J

Cajun J Founding Member

At least tygertail and I are seeing eye to eye......:hihi:

6. lsu nut

lsu nut Founding Member

Who is Yoni Cohen--and why is a blogger getting a special to Fox News. My guess is Yoni is Duke fan and is upset because "the best team in the land Duke" lost to undeserving LSU.

7. tigerlaw

tigerlaw Founding Member

:rofl:

8. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

And not just the sports side of the media. Media on a whole is made up of idiots.

They all want to be the first or the best at the news to the point that they "Create" stories rather than simple reporting on them.

9. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

And whose fault is that? I can't believe other teams are being dissed when the "big 4" didn't win their freakin games.:dis:

10. Cajun J

Cajun J Founding Member

The media never blames themselves for getting it wrong. So they weren't accurate with ratings, rankings, and predictions.....they forget that when you point the finger, there are 3 pointing back at you. Goes to show that there will NEVER be a perfect system in any sport. It is what it is, and we still love it! I really can't blame the guy for being disgruntled......his mom named him Yoni.