'03 Season....Without P&G Glasses......

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Hub, Aug 7, 2003.

1. DValley

DValley Founding Member

With the weapons LSU has on offense, I think only the play calling can hurt them. Just get the ball in their hands. It's that simple. A two yard pass can turn into a TD on any play. I heard from reliable sources that LSU had to dumb its playbook because randall just couldn't do it. I'm all for Mauck, but if he can't do it. Randall is probably a worse passer, so let's not waste any more time here. Let's get one of these freshmen in there. Let them learn on the field. Alabama, Auburn, and Arkansas have benefitted by putting their now sarters in as freshmen.

Nobody has even mentioned the TE's, probably because they were almost nonexistant in the passing game last year. Successful teams have to have good TE's and I have heard good reports about Edwards and Robinson. I also read that the receivers were catching the ball well in the first passing drills. I wasn't shocked here, but Brazelle was included, and being a track star we could use his speed down the field.

I don't think I need to say anything about the O-Line. They will do well, and a tandem of talented RB's will perform well. I hope that the absence of coach haywood doesn't hurt any. He has coached some pretty good backs.

D-Line: Strong
    Linebackers: Will make mistakes, but will surprise. Vaughn has played well, turner has too. Remember that Saban is a D-man. as well as a great motivator. He will have those boys ready and three non-sec games beginning this year will get their feet wet.

CB's: Will hold their own.
    Safeties: No experience, not going to be able to call right defenses. I recall the year Ryan Clark had the responsibility of putting the defense in the right positions respective to offensive formation, and that was also the year LSU gave up a record amount of big plays. I will say that I like musgrove as D-Cooridinator, he just might be able to coach the safeties.