'06 TFL RULES & POINT BREAKDOWN

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Crip*TEAM KATT, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

TigerForums.com Fantasy League

RULES:
    Welcome to the TigerForums.com Fantasy League. With input from our members and inspiration from our friends in Arizona, we’ve come up with an easy game-by-game Fantasy Football game. We can use it for other sports as well.

20 or more individual LSU players are assigned a dollar value. You are given a virtual $60 salary cap and can buy up to 8 players. (This is pretend, virtual money, not real.)
    Score will be kept by assigning a point value to various statistics players rack up. The better the individual statistics of the players on your team the better you do. We’ll try to keep track of the running point total and the winner will get a TigerForums.com T-Shirt. I may need some assistance from some of you spreadsheet masters.

Here are the game rules:
    1. Spend up to $60 and select a MAXIMUM of 8 players.
    2. Do NOT select the same group of players as anyone who posted their picks before you or you will be disqualified.
    3. Do not edit your picks.

Other Essential Info
    Each week the prices will be updated, usually on a Wednesday for you to make your picks. First come, first served.
    Please tally and post your score sometime between the game and the following Tuesday. For your convenience a score table will be posted on the day after the game or you can use the official game stats from LSUsports.net.
    Pricing is not an exact science. Prices are created from your input, previous game stats, probability of playing time and the alignment of the planets. Everyone has their own opinions about the value of players and I can’t make everyone happy so don’t complain, just go with the flow.
    You do not carry over any of your players from week-to-week.
    You accumulate points based on what stats your players rack up (see scoring table below). Points are then earned for Top 10 finishes each game. 1st place will get you 10 points, on down to 1 point for a 10th place finish.
    These rule are always subject to change.
    Have fun and don’t take this too seriously.

POINT BREAKDOWN:

Passing Yards = 1 point
    Return Yards = 1 point
    Rushing Yards = 2 points
    Receiving Yards = 2 points
    Touchdown = 75 points
    Field Goal = 20 points
    Off/INT = -50 points
    Fumble = -50 points

NEW ADDITIONS

Def/TD = 150 points
    Fumble Recover = 50 points
    Def/INT = 50 points
    Sack = 30 points (will get 15 points for sack assist)

GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY AND LETS HAVE SOME FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David from MagazinesQuick.com and TigerForums.com Contributor has kindly offered some prizes to the top 3 finishers.

[​IMG]
    MagazinesQuick.com will give 3 magazine subscriptions to the 1st place finisher, 2 subscriptions to the 2nd place finisher and 1 magazine subscription to the 3rd place finisher. Thanks David. He didn't ask for anything in return but I always want to support our fellow members anytime we can so be sure to check out MagazinesQuick.com if you're looking for magazine subscriptions.

I'm also going to give a TigerForums.com T-shirt to the 1st place winner.
    [​IMG]

Good luck and Geaux Tigers!

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

That's way too many points for a defensive touchdown. It's pretty much pure luck if you get a defensive player to score a td. I'd suggest a defensive td be worth something like 20 points. Lower points for sacks, fumble recoveries, and interceptions too. These defensive points should only really be there to help break ties., thus low points rewarded for defensive accomplishments. That way you keep cost of defensive players cheap and they are still used to round out teams.

3. LSUGradin99

Oh, and the winner doesn't really get a TF t-shirt.

4. LSU Rubi

LSU Rubi Founding Member

Dont be sad because yours got "lost" in the mail!!! :grin:

5. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Or I keep the points the way the are and bump up the price for defensive players so that your only able to have one maybe two.

Def Td are a very rare thing, so they should be worth more.

With the points this way you really have to decided which players to take and you throw alittle more luck into the game.

6. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

You see this is the problem, everyone wanted the defense to play a bigger role in the game. We make it that way and there are already complaints. INT, FUM...should be worth the same on both sides of the ball, and they are! On offense there are only a handfull of players that can fum/int...on defense everyone plays into this. Sacks are about right. In an average game a player will get at most 2 sacks, still worth less than 1 offensive TD. Defensive TD's are few and far between...we "might" see 2 all season. So i like it at 150, it makes for a possible huge turn around late in the game should this happen. And yes its luck but so is most of this game!!!! Also the price of PRIME Defensive players are going to go up! probably around $3-$5.

7. geauxscott

this i can agree with

8. geauxscott

I do notice one thing that needs to be changed/noted. Should a player recover a fumble for a TD, by the points they should get 200pts (fum=50, TD=150)....I say we do one of 2 things.

1) Have the def TD trump the fum recovery, thus giving only 150pts.

or

2) To make it simple just make the Def. TD 100pts and they would get 150pts because of the obvious 50pts for fum/int.

9. LSUGradin99

Complaints? Woke up on the wrong side of the bed? I made suggestions based on what was given.

I disagree that most of this game is luck. If you know our players well and are familiar with the opposition each week, then picking the right team ois far from luck.

As long as the 1 and 2 dollar players are trivial players and not players likely to do really well in a game. Because those are the ones everyone will use to round out theiur teams. You just said that prime defensive players will cost more though, so we are on the same page. Adding such a player to your team prevents you from adding another key offensive player, etc. You always did a great job with player cost, hopefully crip will too. :)

One more thing... If RP throws a TD pass in the game, shouldn't it be worth 300 points. TD passes thrown by the third string quarterback are few and far between...we "might" see 2 all season. So i like it at 300, it makes for a possible huge turn around late in the game should this happen. :wink:

10. geauxscott

just messing with you 99.....

I can agree with this.... there is a strategy to it....AS US FORMER CHAMPS KNOW!!! :hihi: :hihi:

However for all the people that bow to us in TFL, most of the game is luck!! :lol: :hihi:

But to bring the defensive side into it and play a bigger role its going to bring in more luck. Yes, the PRIME players will be priced higher than normal defensive players.... I figure the starting secondary should be priced pretty high as these are the players most likely to score a defensive TD...and by high I mean $5. If Crip agrees to this.

Crip will do fine, but I think he also plans on getting some input from me until he gets the hang of it.

GREAT IDEA!!!! :wink: :wink: :hihi: