07 in the PMAC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by olVENICEdog, Mar 28, 2006.

1. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

I know we still have 2 more games left but I couldn't help but think that LSU could have 4 or 5 potential guys that could play in the NBA on next year’s team. Those two guys one from TTec (6'5" PG) whom CBK said would be the man on his team for the next 4 years if he would have stayed plus the other guy that was freshman of the year in his conference not to mention Baby and TT.

Could you see LSU preseason #1 next year in basketball? I could. I have a feeling LSU might be investigated soon w/all these good balers---->Jus playing.

I read an article on ESPN that said TT and Big Baby's draft status has went up tremendously since the NCAAT started. I think Baby could be ready but not TT. TT hit a few nice shots the other day but he still needs to develop his outside game and his FT%. So I don't think he will bolt just yet. Baby on the other hand could if LSU wins it all.

I know Skip is going to offer CJB a monster contract at the end of the year. I think he panned out well.

2. TyrusIsMyHero12

TyrusIsMyHero12 Founding Member

Big Baby may be one of the best out there right now, but in my opinion he needs to improve some things in his game before he is really ready for the NBA. I just hope that TT and Big Baby or anyone else on LSU doesnt do what Brandon Bass did.

3. olVENICEdog

How do you think Davis did against Texas and Dukes big men? I know he got in a little foul trouble but he held up pretty well and I know Ugly Duck Williams is going to be a top 4 pick in this years draft. If you don't think Big Baby is ready then you are kidding your self. I think he is far more progressed then Brandon Bass was. I believe Bass and Swift called Davis and told him that he should stay but I wouldn’t be that shocked if he left unlike the way I felt when Bass left.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

say what you will but gd shut down the previous consensus #1 nba pick in the draft. A 7 foot teasip. manhandled him actually.

5. olVENICEdog

Could you imagine Big Baby guarding Shaq? I think if these two guys hit the ground a mass explosion would occur causing a red dwarf killing us all.

6. tirk

has nothing to do with the facts I stated. the previous #1 pick manhandled by someone everyone says is nowhere near ready. shows what everyone knows.

you dont. neither do i but I make my opinion on results.

7. tirk

no, many games. he competed against top level competition all year and won player of the year in the conference.

He also has been doing it on the biggest stage against the best night in night out.

nice try though. let's stick to facts instead of sticking to opinions parroted by all.

8. olVENICEdog

Not by a long shot? I don't want to see him go but I think he would get PT next year at the next level. He is just too big to sit the bench. He could probably guard any center in the NBA. He would knock that Jap Yaw Ming around like a rag doll. I am not saying that he could guard Dirk or KG b/c those guys would run circles around him but they do have guys that start that he could guard next year. I don't think he will go but like I said I wouldn’t be surprised if he did and was a top 8 pick.

9. TyrusIsMyHero12

TyrusIsMyHero12 Founding Member

other than the money, why would Big Baby want to enter the draft and have to sit on the bench instead of playing the rest of his college career and have more fun, chances to win national and sec championships. That's what happens to LSU we get all this talent and then we cant use it because our players want to be in the NBA... I may be wrong, but if I am not mistaking i think at some point this season Brandon Bass had a meeting with this years team and told them that they need to enjoy there college career because you only get one college career and he told them that they dont need to end up like he did. He may be making 9 million a year but he is warming the bench up and I believe if he could, he would take it back.

10. ddt

ddt Founding Member

Tough to say this, but I think he's as ready for the NBA as he'll be at LSU.

Look at Danny Fortson...this guy has no offensive game, not really an athlete, but he's big and will knock guys around and gets much PT. Then you have someone like Corliss Williamson who's undersized but plays strong and provides a big spark off the bench (won 6th man of the year).

I still say he stays because he's playing with his buddies, having a ball, for at least one more year.