07 in the PMAC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by olVENICEdog, Mar 28, 2006.

1. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

this thread is making me dumber.

2. LSUDeek

i'm unlearning spelling and sentence structure as we speak. please post another few badly written paragraphs for me so I can revert to 2nd grade level.

3. train

train Founding Member

If you are wondering what Tyrus is going to do, go are stay then you are foolish. First go to www.nbadraft.net Then you will see that there is no question what he is going to do. It is not right to compare what Brandon Bass did year last year to Tyrus b/c Brandon Bass never had his stock up as high as Tyrus. Bass never got in the mid 20's in the draft. I was at the game in Atlanta and when I saw Isiah Thomas go out of his way to come talk to Tyrus's mom I knew then. For people who don't know the signifgance of Isiah Thomas, he is the man who calls the shots for the New York Knicks. Tryus Thomas is GONE!!! As for Glen before the NCAAT started he was not on anybodys draft board, now he is #19. Ill put it to yall like this, if we win the whole thing Brady, Butch, and Treloar better go and find us some big men b/c Tyrus and Glen are going to be gone.

07 in the PMAC, is going to be without Baby Shaq and and the high flying jumping Jack

4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

TT helped alot.

5. LSUDeek

dunno about that, davis just mostly pushed him out of the lane with his bulk and made him take turnaround shots way farther out than he wanted to. a lot of it was aldridge being too intimidated by his physical play to really try to take the ball to the basket and draw fouls.

6. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I agree. I heard during the Elite 8 game against Texas that Baby mentioned he wanted to drop down to 285 lbs. I think that weight would still give him a big enough frame to continue doing the things that he does well (use his body and remain physical), but I think he'll really improve with his stamina and jumping ability.

IMO, I think BOTH Baby and Tyrus stay at least one more season...they both have things that definately need more work on.

7. LSUDeek

Lottery picks or not, they both want to go to the league and at least play 20 minutes a game. The NBA might draft on potential but coaches don't have time to develop players in the middle of losing seasons. They need to win now or else.

This situation is unique as well.

8. Lil Jules

Lil Jules Founding Member

People keep talking about how Isiah is going to take Tyrus #1 for the Knicks. It makes no sense at all. First off, the NBA uses a lottery system--noone knows who will get the #1 pick. Now, while the Knicks would be in good position to win the lottery and the #1 pick, they can't. They traded the pick away to the Chicago Bulls last year in the Eddie Curry deal. It is doubtful that the Bulls would select Tyrus when they just gave Tyson Chandler (a very similar player--shot blocker/rebounder) an extension.

I'm not saying Tyrus won't go #1 or 2. I'm just saying that he won't go #1 or 2 to New York. So, just because Isiah and Tyrus' mom are getting chummy, I don't think we need to be worried. The sad thing is that Isiah probably doesn't even realize he doesn't have the pick anymore. Poor bastard. He's running that franchise into the dirt.

9. ddt

ddt Founding Member

Sad, but true. :dis:

10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Maybe so, but I remember in the Duke game their big guy easily shooting over Big Baby when TT wasn't in the game. I don't remember noticing that so much against Texas, but TT was in most of the game and blocking shots (Baby and TT each had 39 minutes). I think TT changes the way people put up shots, BB just keeps people from getting good position. He can't block taller guys' shots consistently.