07 WR's

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by CParso, Jun 13, 2006.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

We have Benton and Bajoie, who is the other one, unless you are still counting Bryant.

2. Perple

Perple Founding Member

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I'm counting Bryant. My understanding is that he still has a scholarship offer & is still commited.

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Looks as though all 3 of our current commits are not yet academically qualified and Bryant definitely won't, which will likely mean signing more than just 1 more WR.

5. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

why won't bryant qualify? he isn't that far off is he? I think we sign paige and Tolliver. I think we go after 5 wrs this class.

6. LSUfreshman21

LSUfreshman21 Founding Member

I know the discussion is about wr's, but how is our linebacker commitments coming and is it a deep linebacker class this year?

7. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Perhaps you'd like to start a new thread... or maybe post in a more general recruiting type thread, rather than an unrelated thread.

8. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Terrence Toliver & Ahmad Paige were both listed in the top 5 WRs of the country by a recent Scout article, at 3rd & 4th best respectively.

LINK:

Personally, I like Tolliver's size for our receiving corp while I view Paige as a little too similar to the other guys we have and not quite as necessary.

9. LSUfreshman21

LSUfreshman21 Founding Member

I have always liked bigger receivers that can create mismatches agaisnt smaller db's. Tolliver is a tall physicall receiver that has pretty goot speed, but he isn't that athletic. Paige is 6'3 where as Tolliver is 6'5 so there isn't really that much difference between them in size. Paige is faster at a 4.39 and can jump higher at 38in where Tolliver runs close to a 4.5 and jumps at 29in. The only problem with Paige is that he only weighs 165, but that is not that big of a deal because he will gain 10+ pounds in the weight room. I like Paige better then Toliver because he is quicker and more athletic.

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I like Paige and Tolliver, but I'd rather Tolliver myself to play in the SEC where blocking and getting off the line is so important. I also think the added height and bulk are not anything to scoff at, especially Paige only being 165. If he adds only 10 more pounds he'll still be very skinny. I'm thinking we sign him and keep him in the weight roon for a year and a half bulking up.

and Tolliver looked pretty darn athletic to me.