07 WR's

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by CParso, Jun 13, 2006.

1. LSUfreshman21

LSUfreshman21 Founding Member

Tolliver really doesn't have that much bulk. 6'5 175lb is actually pretty skinny for that height. Both receivers will have to gain some muscle to be successful in the SEC.

2. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Size is good. But isn't the most important. What's most important is their maximum weight possibility...IE what can the coaches bulk a certain player up to. I'm sure the college coaches are confident that they can get Toliver up to the 185 to 190 range...

I like where we sit with Toliver. It's waaaay too early to tell. But let's get him to come to a game with Jarrett Lee and I think we will be in the top 3...

I think its way more likely to land Paige. We'll also get Luther Davis. I would be really excited if we got PAige, Davis, and Toliver...

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I think we were top 5 before Lee's commitment and are definitely top 3 now... In Lee's Rival interview he talked about how it was part of his duty to recruit other great athletes to LSU - so I think Tolliver is ours.

4. kielj19

kielj19 Freshman

I would rather pick up Tolliver. I think his size and his ability to go up an get the ball on fade routes would give us another key option in the redzone.
    With regards to recruiting, I think Tolliver is ours to lose. I believe it will comedown to TAMU and LSU and we have the quarterback that he has wanted to play with all throughout high school.

5. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Welcome to the board!

6. LSUfreshman21

who in their right mind would pass up LSU for TAMU. He is a pro style WR, but Tolliver wouldn't get any attention at A&M. They have no o-line and no quarterbacks to get him the ball. I haven't really kept up with the recruiting, but if you said it's between us and A&M then we have to be his first choice.

7. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Tolliver is being very secretive about who he likes. He's never come out & claimed a leader or narrowed down his choices. We likely won't know who it's between for quite some time.

Bennett, that TE from Tx, chose A&M over us 2 years ago. It's a matter of playing close to home & chance to get on the field sooner for some of them.

8. LSUfreshman21

I guess that makes since. If he is thinking more about an NFL career then I guess he could just have a good fr and soph seasons at TAMU and move on. Possibly he could put up better numbers as a wr outside the SEC, but if he wants to win football games in college then the last place he needs to go to is a rebuilding team.

9. CParso

CParso Founding Member

A&M isn't a rebuilding team - they are a team in a deep downward spiral. :hihi:

But besides that, I think our biggest threat for this guy will be Florida, maybe Miami.

10. LSUfreshman21

well Miami is a given. They recruit everybody, and if they don't get them at first then they will end up stealing them on signing day.