07 WR's

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by CParso, Jun 13, 2006.

1. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

at 6'5 and, if memory serves me, pretty wide shoulders, tolliver has the frame to add bulk without losing too much speed. he is very skinny at 175 but paige is even worse. whoever made the point about getting off the line, at 165, hell just get lifted up and be running in midair. to give u an idea of size, skyler was close to 200, at only 5'6. both of these guys need to add some good bulk for sure

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I've met Skyler a few times and I think he's a lot closer 5'9" as he was a tiny bit taller than me. But your point is well taken, he's a pretty stocky guy and the strength he had was imprtant. Shyronne I believe was 5'6".

3. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

ya i met skyler at a restaurant at the peach bowl this year. great guy. im not that great with heights but he was probly a few inches shorter than me at about 6'0. but point is, if ahmad paige is 6'3 165, thats about 30 lbs less than skyler and a few inches taller and its not like skyler is built like a tank or anything, its just that u have to have that typa bulk to play in the SEC

4. Draino13

Draino13 Founding Member

He chose a&m to play basketball, because he wasn't guaranteed to play at LSU.

5. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Yea, them letting him play basketball was the main reason, but I was just using it as an example of a recruit chosing ATM instead of us.

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Dad wanted him at aTm with his brother.

7. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Aghhh, I'm so bored right now.

I think our board looks like this:

We've already got Benton & Bajoie - probably both of these are worthy of Rivals top 100 rankings, although Bajoie probably won't get it due to the competition he plays against. The Bryant situation is very unclear right now, but let's just say we don't sign him for now. He's very athletic, maybe a bit raw... Probably right ranked as a 3 star.

Tolliver has to be our #1 WR prospect on the board. After him, my guess is that Mark Barnes is the next highest on our list, but him being from South Carolina might mean that coaching staff isn't recruiting him as hard. Then probably Ron Brooks - especially because he could play a few other positions with Dez Bryant & Ahmad Paige after them.

The question is how many do want to take and who does it look like that will not qualify.

I think we take Benton, Bajoie, Tolliver & Brooks.

8. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

What are our chances of signing tolliver?

9. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Nobody knows. I think we lead right now. It probably depends on how our season goes & how our WRs look because he will likely wait to commit till later in the process.

10. LSUfreshman21

LSUfreshman21 Founding Member

Who is our main competition for Tolliver?