07 WR's

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by CParso, Jun 13, 2006.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I've heard a lot of good things about Dez Bryant from the 7 on 7 camp recently. Sounds like he is top 100 material, but he has grade issues right now. If it looks like he will qualify, we may make a stronger push for him.

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Terrance Toliver apparently dominated at Florida's camp Friday - they will push very hardly to get him.

3. LSUfreshman21

LSUfreshman21 Founding Member

That doesn't sound too good. Percy Harvin, Tebow, and with the addition of Tolliver could make a very dominant FLA offense down the road.

4. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

Apparently Oliver really enjoyed his trip to BR last weekend. He didn't participate in the camp but was really impressed.

http://lsu.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=564475

It would be great to get him and it sounds like we are in good position.

5. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Ahmad Paige will announce his decision August 19th between LSU & FSU, and it appears he was officially offered a scholarship to LSU at the camp.

If the coaches feel confident enough in bulking him up to offer him a scholarship, then I will be glad if he commits. But personally, I just don't see it as a big loss if he goes to Florida St.

6. LSUfreshman21

LSUfreshman21 Founding Member

The ACC will probably suit him better anyway. As of right now Paige isn't strong enough or physical enough to play in the SEC. That will be great if he adds some muscle weight along with his speed, but I agree it won't be that big of a deal if he goes to FSU.

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

He wouldn't be the first skinny WR that was succesfull if it plays out that way. And I'd like to see a comparison in size of the SEC and ACC CB's before i'll swallow that statment.

8. Perple

Perple Founding Member

FWIW, Jeremy Crabtree said on Rivals Radio yesterday that Toliver isn't seriously interested in Florida, and believes he will sign close to home - LSU/OU battle, possibly A&M in the mix, although he is concerned about A&M's coaching.

:geauxtige

9. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

me neither, sounds like he doesnt have the frame like tolliver does.

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Wonder how the Bomar situation at OU will impact this, it could. Does OU have any highly thought of passing QB's at present?