07 WR's

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by CParso, Jun 13, 2006.

1. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

no they don't. but it could make stopps push after lee hard.

2. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

would OU go after jarret lee? and RP couldnt transfer there, could he? eek

3. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

they will go after lee but why would somebody wanna go where they are about to be put on probation. rp has till the start of class to transfer, sit out a year and then play. He won't though.

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

According to a recent Rivals story, we lead for both Toliver & Dez, both of whom are 5 star worthy receivers.

IMO, Dez is a little more dominant right now. It's been absolutely sick what he's done at the camps this summer, but he does have some grade issues although things are supposed to be looking better now.

Toliver's stats aren't quite as good, but he's got the better body frame & has dominated at all of his camps as well.

I think QB commit Lee is helping us recruit both of these guys, but definitely Toliver. It would be amazing if we landed all 4 of these receivers (Toliver, Dez, Benton, & Bajoie). I didn't think we were after Dez that hard before, but apparently there is some good reason to think we can land both of them. I can't see that not being the best WR class in the nation...

5. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Update: Thursday on Rivals radio, Mike Farrell was asked about Toliver, and he mentioned these schools: Texas, Texas Tech, OU, A&M, OSU & Florida. LSU was not mentioned at all . He contradicted Crabtree, and said Toliver was interested in Florida. He said Toliver participated in thier "Friday Night Lights" deal, and had tremendous chemistry with as yet, uncommitted QB Cameron Newton.

I'm thinking Coach Miles has maybe changed his focus to possibly Dez Bryant or Ahmad Paige, or some others.

6. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

It was a mistake on his part leaving LSU out.

It would be dumb to shift our focus to Bryant, who's academic situation is a complete mess.

7. CParso

CParso Founding Member

What exactly is the situation with his grades? Originally I heard they were horrible, then I started hearing that after this summer it didn't look so bad.

8. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

Some people were claiming that he had like a 1.3 or something like that, someone close to him said that was completely untrue. He's got a ways to go, but yea, I heard things are starting to look better. If he does end up qualifying, get the kid a uniform, he's better than Toliver, although he doesn't have the upside.

9. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

it was just a mistake. TT said right after the uf visit it was just ok and nothing special and lsu still lead. Dez's grade situation is getting better and with summer courses might be able to get qualified.

Dont worry about TT though as UT isn't recruiting him, Tech has no real shot, and he hates the A&M offense.

I wouldn't be surprised if we signed benton, Toliver, Bajoie, and Bryant.

10. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Toliver said he has no real leader right now as of the latest interview with him on rivals, although they all insist that LSU leads. And he has said he wants to take official visits to LSU, Florida & Miami. So I'd say that we do have to consider them legitimate contenders for his commitment.