'08 opponent win percentage- fits with the PAC10 vs SEC debate...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TerryP, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Berge

Berge Founding Member

Florida's OOC turned out to be very soft. FSU was very mediocre (7-6 after bowl game), but they started the year as a national contender. Southern Miss, Central Florida, and WCU (1-AA). Just a normal SEC schedule to add to that. The incredibly-hard schedule myth came from FSU being pre-season favorites by ESPN, and Tennessee and UGA being hyped up as having great teams as well. None of those happened. UGA/UT were by no means slouches.

The same could happen for Georgia this year.

2. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

That was the point, and I doubt you were upset with the outcome of that equation. I'm not disappointed, at all, with how this is working itself out as well.

It's a defining moment. Not so much on Richt but on Bobo as OC and QB coach...specifically with his play calling.

As it was mentioned earlier, I fall into that group that will be shocked if a team comes out of the SECCG with less than two losses. There are so many teams in transitions this year.

3. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Thx. It's been a fun season following the ladies.

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

ASU is being projected as the #2 team in the Pac. Dennis Erickson is a good coach, 10 wins in his first year there last season. They have a returning QB, they play well at home, they will have started out their season with a soft schedule so Georgia will be their first test, and Georgia hasn't traveled that far West in MANY years. It has the potential to be a good and close game but I doubt ASU pulls off the upset.

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Which game worries most USC fans the most next year? One of your road games?

Terry, same question with respect to Bama.

:rofl:

You and ya "Travel". :hihi:

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

And also to State . . . twice. :grin:

7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Road games? Baton Rouge and Athens, probably Athens a tad bit more.

The question mark on the '08 team is on the defensive side of the ball, specifically the LB'er corps. Of last years group, we were going to return all the starters. But, with Prince Hall being suspended indefinitely (I have my doubts he'll be back, but that is up to Prince) and then Zeke Knights heart condition two of the 4 probably won't be around.

FWIW, and this is probably more detail than you were looking for, I expect the D to be lining up in the nickel package over 50% of the time.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

man, i hadnt heard that. how does an almost 5 million dollar coach lose to ulm, moo u twice with a coach that would have taken 1/5th of that and also uab?

thats surreal. if they hadnt been so dominant the last decade id be worried if i was them. luckily, nothing to worry about.

9. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

AT HOME!

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I don't know about most USC fans. I'd guess that while most are confident about aOSU, a loss to them would end our NC hopes very early. With their schedule, after USC, I don't see them dropping more than 1. Oregon St and Arizona are potential trap games. Both on the road, tough places to play for us at times. Of course since Arizona is the ONE road game I'm going to this year, watch it be a poor showing. :dis: At home, ASU should be a great game. They play us very well and there is some fire between Erickson and PC.

I'm looking forward to welcoming Jimmy C back to SoCal. Did you hear? He had a stellar spring game. Completed 37% of his passes! Charlie says he can really sling it. Joe Schad says he has a laser.......a gun. Woah. I'm wondering if they'll incorporate a pass rush during the season because it didn't look like they had one for the spring game. :huh::hihi:

I suppose I shouldn't look past Virginia. They lost a ton of talent and are not the same team this year. However, they have a knack for upsets, it's on the road, and it's Sanchez' opportunity to prove that it was right to name him as the starter.