'08 opponent win percentage- fits with the PAC10 vs SEC debate...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TerryP, Apr 20, 2008.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Had to add dat eh? :hihi:

A loss is a loss is a loss. ;)

If he can even have a chance to throw it that's an improvement from last year.

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Nope, they lost to NLU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Might as well throw in NIU too.

4. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

That's his style

5. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I didn't mean it as a dig, it is the simple truth. I know the crowd will be ready for our trip to LSU and while I do expect LSU to win I know we'll be competitive in the game and have a chance to win it.

Add to that, I watched Georgia 4-5x last year and they are returning practically the same team (returning starters are in the high teens.) The only question they have, IMO, is who is going to fulfill their WR roles. There, they need at least 2 of their incoming freshman to get some meaningful snaps and the kid they pulled out of South Carolina is a good one. They do have some young guys on the right side of the OL (G and T.)

Their defense is going to be good! A lot of returning experience. In fact, they were about as good as your defense was last year. Better against the pass, not quite as good against the run.

6. luvdimtigers

The Georgia at the end of the year looked damn good, the Georgia that got thumped by Tenn. and barely beat Bama didn't look as good. Let's see which personality the 2008 team takes, before we annoint them the best in the conference.

7. luvdimtigers

Let me guess, y'alls coaching edge, right? :wink:

8. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Specifically, I believe the pass coverage will be better than last year and you won't be able to put up the same numbers as you did last season. Secondly, barring a lot of injuries, we won't be looking at a make-shift line (OL, text books) and barring injury we'll have a healthier backfield.

If we can hold you to @100 yards on the ground we'll be in it at the end.

9. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

That secondary is only as good as a pass rush as you know...look at our Kentucky game.

Good chance yall will have one of the top 10 worst pass rushes in the country. ;)

10. luvdimtigers

I think holding us to 100 yards on the ground will be difficult.

If we don't shoot ourselves in the foot with penalties, we shouldn't have to score as much.

It's all guesses right now, so much can happen, I really hate trying to predict.