10 game thoughts from a Longhorn

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ReyDelSol, Jan 1, 2003.

1. ReyDelSol

ReyDelSol Freshman

1. I told you Texas cannot run the ball. For crying out loud, I hope that gets fixed in the off-season.

2. In the second half, we were able to take away the short crosses and somewhat ‘limit’ the LSU running game. This forced LSU into 3rd and long situations and forced Randall (sp?) to throw downfield, which is obviously not his strength.

3. That’s the best game I’ve seen Roy Williams play in a long time. He is really awesome when he is healthy. Simms has learned to manage a game and use his weapons rather than trying to win the game himself.

4. The quick strikes (scoring in two plays, etc) seemed to de-motivate and frustrate the LSU team.

5. There was a lot of smack and trash from both teams. I’ve seen quite a few ‘whining’ posts here, but in all objectivity neither team has any room to talk. Both are guilty.

6. Bradie has a motor and never seemed to stop talking or playing. He's a great player and will do well in the NFL.

7. Before the cramp, it seemed superman, er...Clayton was everywhere. He is a badass.

8. I was worried about the game until the end of the first half. Texas was asleep for the entire first quarter. It looked like they hadn’t played football in a month! ;)

9. I watched the game on TV and the crew calling the game and the camera work was arguably the worst I have ever witnessed. They were horrible. Really, really bad.

10. I think Texas and LSU are both moving in the right direction. Excellent coaches, outstanding players, great traditions, and great fans. Geaux Tigers! (Did I spell that right?) and Hook 'Em Horns!

Thanks for the football talk this month and here's to another fun sesaon next year! Happy New Year!

2. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

I am going to have to start bringing a portable radio with me to the games. I did not know about Clayton's cramps nor did I know about Randall's injury. Its that little extra information that you do not get from the announcer at the game.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Good assessment, Rey. I'll buy all of your points and add this.

1. There was a lot of smack talking on the field, but a lot of smiling and backslapping, too. These teams respected each other. Lots of Texas players were helping Tigers up after a play. We don't see much of that in the SEC.

2. Roy Williams is everything we had heard about and more. Clayton is a Roy Williams clone but hasn't had a QB since Rohan Davey that could get him the ball.

3. Both of these teams will be better next year. Corso may have just been a year early.

4. Randalls injury was minor. It hurt his running ability but is no excuse for his passing problems. Claytons cramps did seem to limit him late in the game.