10 Plays that hurt us tonight

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by P&G_wheelz007, Nov 7, 2009.

1. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

Our boys played real hard tonight and had a chance to win late in the game.

Here are 10 plays that contributed to our loss:

- 73 yard TD by Julio Jones.

- 5 yard roughing the punter penalty. We would have had the ball down 21-15 with 5 minutes to go.

- Not getting the PP interception. It looked pretty good on replay to me.

- Our failed 2PT conversion. We lost by 9 points.

- Bama's successful 2PT conversion.

- Our 4th down conversion that was negated by a false start penalty. This was a drive killer.

- Injury to JJ. We were called for intentional grounding on this play. Another drive killer.

- Ridley got stuffed on 3rd and 1. We punted and the Julio Jones play came next.

- Mark Ingram's 2nd half rushing. He had runs of 12 (twice), 18, 11, 23 and 10 yards. He was huge in the 3rd Qtr.

- Injuries to C.Scott, P.Peterson, and others.

If we could have turned around the outcome of 2 or 3 of these plays we could have won.

Hats off to our boys. They played hard but came up a little bit short.

Congrats to Bama. They won a hard fought game.

We just couldn't make 2 or 3 more plays today.

:crystal::geaux::crystal::geaux::crystal:

2. Tom Callender

Tom Callender Founding Member

Is it just me or does LSU seem to have a huge problem every year making one yard to get a first down? We need to try something different than that dive play every time.. That being said, I am proud of the way the team played & thought they played their hearts out. I just hate feeling that we are being outcoached in these big games.. I was disappointed in mr. Lee's performance the last two times we had the ball... those passes were way off the mark...Buddy Songy remarked friday on his radio show that the refs would screw us on a big play late... interception shoulda been ours... Still, we would have to do something with it even if we woulda got the interception. JJ being hit in the chest with a Alabama helmet also should have been called... Alabama sure seemed to be wearing us out on the field.. every time I looked up we had a player down. Tough Tough loss. I look for us to split the last two SEC games. We should win both but I just have a feeling we are gonna lose one.. Hope I am wrong.. :geaux: