11-1 and we still go to Atlanta!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerCliff, Oct 24, 2010.

1. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

Hangin' out with JaMarcus again?

2. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

This is what we call reality.

The pathetic LSU offense has finally caught up to them. Unless Leslie finds a miracle cure in the bye week, 9-3 is the best we can hope for.

3. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Incorrect... Mauck was the #2 qb in the SEC that year. He had better stats than Manning. Flynn was a middle of the pack guy, but he was a winner.

4. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

I wonder if there's a school in the top 20 that doesn't have a forum thread starting, "If we just win out......".

Hope springs eternal.

"He who lives on hope lives on a very lean diet."

5. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Unless something changes, and with Les Miles it never does...

Alabama will be a loss. (but it will be close and everyone will talk about how hard the team fought, yet still lost).

Ole Miss will be close.

Arkansas will be a loss. (but it will be close and everyone will talk about how hard the team fought, yet still lost).

Gary Crowton has to go. Even if he was not horrible at developing QBs, his style of offense is not what LSU needs. LSU has been built, for better or worse, as a DEFENSIVE power. A DEFENSIVE power does not need a high flying offense. It needs a classic, burn the clock, high EFFICIENCY offense.

Greg Studrawa has to go. His offense lines have not pass-blocked for 3 straight years.

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Actually I do believe that Auburn will lose to both Georgia and Alabama,

Georgia is playing the best ball in the SEC right now.

7. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

I can see it happening too.

Mathematically, we're not out of it yet.

Take the week off. Regroup. Focus on 'Bama. Hope someone beats Auburn.

8. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Arkansas is going to be hard to get by, Ole Miss is always a battle. I still think we can beat Bama in our house, but not tackling like we did this weekend. Bama will try to run the ball down our throat just like Auburn did. We better be ready.

So yeah, I think 10-2 or 9-3 is a very possible thing.

9. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

That is a possibility, not sure if UGA is playing the best ball, but they sure aren't the same team they were 4 weeks ago. As much as I hate to do it I will be a big UGA and Tide fan on those days. We of course have to just take care of business, or it won't really matter. I think that we can beat Bama, and am actually more concerned about Ark. There aren't any gimme's left on our schedule, but we should be able to take 3 of the 4. We do that and end up with an 11-1 season, regardless of whether or not we take the SEC West or not, I couldn't ask for more. Especially with the issues we have. Whether some want to admit it or not, if we go 11-1/10-2 that is due to coaching, coaching that overcomes the shortcomings that this team has, because with no QB to speak of, with WR's that can't hold onto the ball, with an OL that fails much of the time we have no business pulling that type of a record.

10. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Auburn will definitely lose to Bama. Bama will eat up their D because they have balance and will threaten to go past 5 yards. Their D will stay freasher than LSU. Bama will win the W. The E is still up, Id say USC and the surging UGA will battle it out. If UF gets it going they could be a factor since they have the most talent.

Id love to see LSU beat that scumbag Satan. But with him having a week to prepare, I dont at all see LSU winning. If we cant move the ball on Auburns D, no way will LSU move on Bama. The play calling wont cut it. Peterson needs to shadow Jones man on man through the whole game.