11-2 WOW! What a season!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Cajun Sensation, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

The field neutralized our speed. And with Trindon Holiday et etal our speed was SUPERIOR to Penn State's. That was the X factor and it was taken away.

I'm more of a results guy than an excuse guy, but I'll say it without hesitation....We would have won if the field was not a lop of donkey shiit.

2. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Our advantage over pretty much the rest of the country (outside the top of the SEC) is our speed and sheer athleticism. It's in the genes and the culture of our area. Football is so important. It's practically a freakin' religion, a way of life. In the South, football is life and we treat it as such. That field took away all of our advantages. We came out unfocused and thrown off our game by the field conditions. Give Penn State credit, though, they were more mentally tough that day and didn't let the conditions distract them like we did. Mostly b/c they knew it was to their advantage. We still probably should've won that game. We probably kick the winning field goal if not for a horrible missed unsportsman like penalty on the Nittany Lions. I see it as more like 5-0-1 than 5-1. Bottom line:lesson learned. I think this team benefitted in the mental toughness dept. from experiences such as that this year. It may happen a little slower than we would like, but Miles does seem to learn from his mistakes and eventually get better. As does his teams.

3. mcstraycat

mcstraycat Founding Member

Hell, I sincerely believe if Jefferson had played like that all year, we'd be playing Oregon next week AND kicking their ass.

Congrats to the team and I'm ready for next year!!

4. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Yeah, under Miles, LSU is 5-0 in bowl games not played in mulch.

5. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Well, at least we'll get to kick Oregon's ass next year.

6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Wouldn't mulch have been an improvement?

I predicted an undefeated season and I based it on improvement on O and D. Didn't get the offensive improvement consistently or we would be undefeated and playing for polyorchidism against an overmatched Oregon team.

7. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I certainly am happy with our, unlike all those who claimed that Miles was not a good coach and could only get to 7-5/8-4 at best, with CLM and his 4th 11 win season. Hopefully he's here to see this group of Tigers thru to thei MNC that their going to win next season. BTW where are all the negatigers. What they got nothin to say, or are they just jumping on the wagon hoping nobody remembers their opinions throughout the season.

8. Cordelia

Cordelia Founding Member

To the 2010 Bayou Bengals and 2011 Cotton Bowl Champs: Thank you. It was a helluva ride!

9. PSU2LSU

PSU2LSU Veteran Member

Yes a great season.. My first year in Baton Rouge and its going to be hard to top a season like this.

10. Herb

Herb Founding Member

There is always next year!!

Geaux Tigers.