11-2 WOW! What a season!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Cajun Sensation, Jan 8, 2011.

1. StarmanT

StarmanT Veteran Member

Congratulations Tigers!!! All-in-all a great season. This team seemed special... a lot of camaraderie amongst players.

And let me add that cowboys stadium is amazing ... you have to see it to believe it .. and I am not a Jerry Jones or cowboys fan. We are already making plans for LSU - Oregon game!

:geaux:

2. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

I'll go ahead and stay negative... maybe just to be annoying?

For this team, 11-2 is a disappointment. I called 8-4 (regular season) for them because of the quarterback situation. In retrospect, I realize that I underestimated just how good the rest of the team was going to be. To me now, 11-2 seems like a "what could have been" instead of a "great job". Yeah, yeah. I'm one of those people who are unrealistic, want a championship every year, etc. Damn right. Everything about this program is elite. Elite results should always be expected. People are saying, "Yeah! 11-2 in the strongest division in football!" Well, take away the East and the fluff and they were 3-2 in the strongest division in football. If these were the only games that LSU played this year, would you be happy with the record?

So the question moving forward has to be, "How does the QB situation get fixed?" Those who believe it is a personnel issue are basically taking the position that the problem is fixed, with Met and Rivers coming in. Those, like myself, who believe it is a QB coaching and scheme issue are still waiting to see what will happen with Crowton (and Miles).

3. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Traditionally Big East vs. ACC. Those conferences can't fill stadiums for home games... how are they going to fill them for a bowl?