#11 in Coaches Poll

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bhelmLSU, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Well, go check my edit. I added a little to it, and I think the part I added is why...although we don't always agree...in the big picture, we agree.

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Yeah I'm just picking and we pretty much see things eye-to-eye it's just more fun to "debate" the lil details. [FONT=&quot][​IMG]

And I agree with your edit too in terms of intra conference games. People don't realize how those "heated battles" exist outside the SEC too. I believe the SEC is the strongest (maybe not this year) just not head and shoulders above all others as many would like to believe.

As for struggling with Tennessee, Georgia rolled 'em, as did Florida so I can't agree withcha there but I get your point.
    [/FONT]

3. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Well, that's kinda the point. LSU nearly...and in actuality, SHOULD'VE lost to Tennessee. Then LSU beat UF. Yet UF rolled Tennessee. And then beat UGA. But MSU beat UGA. But LSU rolled MSU. And so on, and so on, and so on. USCe beats the shyt outta Bama, and Bama beats the shyt outta some teams the USCe struggled with.

That's what makes it grand. It's "just another day in the SEC". :D

And actually I do realize it happens in other conferences. But in most other conferences, there are only a couple or three teams with the talent to be able to pull off wins against their conference elites. In the SEC, there's 7-8 teams year after year that CAN beat anyone.

4. kluke

kluke Founding Member

The rest of us have more fun when you argue.
    Not to be a turd tosser but - I can't believe what that guy just said behind your back!!:popcorn::grin:

1 person likes this.
  5. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Our defense is good and our ST play is good. But our offense will have to come in with a game plan, move tha ball and eat the clock. I think the key to winning this game is controlling the TOP, and minimizing penalties. We do that then yes, I think we have a good chance.
    Oh and we have to throw the ball down field... our running game imo, can hold it's own to Bamas, Ridley and Co. are beasts... our chance of winning rests on the passing game.

6. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

I think that the key to winning against bama is that we put up more points than they do.

If our offense doesn't wake up, and learn to execute plays ... like, throw the pass so its catchable, and catch the pass when it hits your hands .. and like ... don't let the D Line just march right on in and sack your QB ..... we lose this game big time. If nothing else ... score ... 3 to 0 - Bama.

I'm still fuming how our offense just gave the AU game away. Our def did a pretty damn good job. Granted, their mistakes cost us 14 points, but over all, they held the AU offense to 14 earned points. BUT .. our offense couldn't even muster up a couple of FGs in the second half ... that's just pathetic.

7. leroy7500

leroy7500 Founding Member

Bama will allow some Passing...
    Our QB's should have more time in the pocket than last week.
    Not many sacks for the Bama D this year.

I look for our National Passing Stats to improve this Sat.
    We should crack the top 100...prob. move on past
    the Akron Zips!

1 person likes this.
  8. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

:rofl:

Only one problem...the same was said before SEVERAL games this year, including Auburn with their secondary issues.

9. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

You keep thinking that.

Two words...............Marcel. Dareus.

10. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Which was exactly the problem with "exploiting Auburn's depleted secondary". No time to do so.