#11 in Coaches Poll

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bhelmLSU, Oct 31, 2010.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Like ours to Arky in '07? Oh, wait.

It was a unique situation, that's for sure.

2. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

That's why at this stage it is opinion and speculation. I can definitely foresee a scenario where LSU wins out, thereby beating the almighty Bama, and AUB losing convincingly to Bama, and LSU being the top rated SEC team and in the top 3. That scenario has LSU winning this week, and again against a few more SEC teams (Arky and Ole Miss), during which time they are inching forward in the BCS, esp given strength of schedule yearlong. When AUB is then exposed and loses to Bama (Bama would be out of the top 10 since they lost to LSU weeks earlier) in convincing fashion, and LSU at that point is top 6, Auburn would slide behind LSU. LSU would then be top 5, perhaps top 3, depending on other complicated, less anticipated scenarios, going into the SEC CG. Once we win the SEC CG, we are then top 3 as other teams falter in their CGs.

Simple really. The key is AUB plays Bama late, and they have no window to recover and build back up, unlike LSUs loss to Auburn, in which they have weeks-months to get back in the saddle.

3. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Keep wishing, of course the NCAA isn't above gift wrapping wins for yall so it is possible I guess.

4. ParadiseiNC

Bama has the easier road "by far" with us needing "two moves" as opposed to your one? Boy, that seems so farfetched. It may seem easier by far to you since you are rated 4 spots ahead of us presently, but since it is early November with 3-4 games to play, a lot can still happen. First of all, we both have one loss and ALAs was to an inferior opponent comparitively, whereas LSUs was by 1 TD to the current #1-2 rated team. So our record is identical, and our SOS is better, and our loss is "better," which may come in to play in the final computer polls that effect the final BCS standing. Granted, all things equal and you guys get the higher rating in the human polls, mainly based on last seasons success, and perceptions, but your wins have been prettier, and less dramatic.

Secondly, you still have to actually get past LSU, Auburn, and others, a not so easy "move". Once we beat you guys this week, the picture will look less murkier to those who can't see past the cosmetics, and the "physics" will be simpler, and you will be the one that needs two or more moves. The landscape can change significantly in a short period of time. This time next week we may be (hopefully:D) talking about Bama "salvaging" their season by beating AUB, and LSU now jumping several spots after taking out the defending champs and being in the catbird seat.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I love how people in the media keep talking about the Iron Bowl. They are totally dismissing the game this weekend. They keep saying that Bama only has 1 roadblock and that's Auburn. I hope they are putting this sh!t up in the locker rooms, and pissing everyone off.

6. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

But yet in another thread you claim the Gumps end of the season schedule is the toughest in the country... so which is it homeboy, or did the alabama educational system fail you too?

7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I think he meant "Clearest path" assuming they win out and where they are currently...or maybe I read it wrong.

8. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

He said, "Bama, by far, has the easier road to the big NC game", then said in another thread Bama's ending schedule is the toughest in the country... a clear contradiction.
    ...but i'm just giving him a hard time... afterall he's a one of the few "good" bama posters here, thought i'd throw some fun natured jabs at him before the game. lol.

9. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

I also said simpler several times. LSU needs Auburn to lose two games, you can merely have a rooting interest in, by the way, just to get to the SECCG. You gotta get there. You will not be in the NC game, without the SECC win, period. Bama needs Auburn to lose one game and we can control this at our house in front of about 102 thousand, mostly, hostile aborigines.

10. ParadiseiNC

nor will you or Auburn or any other SECw team. that goes without saying, really. it is unlikely that any of us in the running at that point in season were to then lose the SEC CG, to say USCe, for example, would still make it to the BCS CG. LSU has just as good of a chance as ALA even though you are rated 4 spots higher at this point in time. our records are identical, and we play each other. that is what will determine things. CLM and CNS both know the stakes, and both see the big picture, unlike you or the media who likes to speculate with so much still to play and be determined.:geaux: