11 of 12 balls under inflated

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by tirk, Jan 20, 2015.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

LSUDad and ParadiseiNC like this.
  2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Yep, Troy was very clear in his opinion. I was a bit shocked to hear that from him. I loved every word of it.

Let's see what ole Roger will cook up for his good buddy Robert Kraft. Maybe lose a 7th round draft pick?

3. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

4. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

The biggest difference between the Saints and this though, is that, if true/accurate, the Saints transgressions had more injurious potential, and they wanted to set a precedent to nip it in the bud if other locker rooms were doing the same. I'm not saying I agree with SPs suspension, just pointing how it's different from a discipline standpoint. Certainly, Belicheat should be suspended given multiple transgressions under his watch.

Anyone think this deflatagate will take the wind out of the Patriots sails:) or do they use this as a rally point? Everyone's calling them cheaters, LOL. I hope Seattle wins, lesser of evils, IMO.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Saints didn't break any rules. Every defensive players intent is to hit the player with the ball as hard as possible within the rules. Aikman surprisingly was more than honest since he's normally milquetoast in his comments.

I think this favors Seattle. Big distraction that will be all you hear for another week.

6. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

The NFL has finally issued a 4 paragraph statement which I've linked. Basically says the investigation is ongoing.

quote:
    "Our office has been conducting an investigation as to whether the footballs used in last SundayĆ¢??s AFC Championship Game complied with the specifications that are set forth in the playing rules. The investigation began based on information that suggested that the game balls used by the New England Patriots were not properly inflated to levels required by the playing rules, specifically Playing Rule 2, Section 1, which requires that the ball be inflated to between 12.5 and 13.5 pounds per square inch. Prior to the game, the game officials inspect the footballs to be used by each team and confirm that this standard is satisfied, which was done before last Sundays game.
    The above is the opening paragraph from the statement.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-of-balls-in-afc-title-game-led-by-pash-wells

7. tirk

Deny deny deny. At least Belicheat taught Brady well. Just better hope they destroyed all the security camera footage like they did for spygate.

LSUDad likes this.
  8. tirk

Followed every rule 100% so says Belicheat. Deny deny deny.

Funny press conference going on right now.

LSUDad likes this.
  9. Mezmorizor

Mezmorizor Founding Member

For the record, all of this talk about the temperature being the cause of the discrepancy in the psi is total bull. The temperature was such that the colt's balls would have also been underinflated. They weren't. This is true even if the colts had their balls at exactly 13.5 psi.

Belichick's comments about the rubbing process increasing the psi is also laughable. That's akin to pissing in the ocean and claiming that you made a noticeable impact on ocean temperatures.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  10. tirk

CSI: PSI continues.